October 22, 2014

Big Brother 10: Clips Show

by Kristin Sample, posted Sep 15th 2008 12:15AM
Memphis in the Diary RoomWe're almost there. The finale is right around the corner on Tuesday. But before we crown the winner of Big Brother 10, we have to sit through a clips show with (booming announcer voice) NEVER BEFORE SEEN FOOTAGE. You know just from how CBS touted this episode that the "never before seen footage" would be nothing special.

After the jump, let's talk about what happened last night ... or what didn't happen.

We entered on Memphis and Dan celebrating the big Renegades win for this season. I've got to hand it them. They formed an alliance and executed their plan. Now they'll both walk away with something, except one of them will walk away with $450,000 more "something."

As they ate a big celebratory dinner (it looked like steak, asparagus, salad, baked potatoes and lots of booze), they went over some of their favorite moments from the house. The two recalled some of the highlights and low moments we've seen already. They laughed about the sock puppet show, the variety show Dan hosted, and how Ollie was afraid of crows.

They reminisced about Keesha's birthday, a day Memphis called the "all-time uncomfortable situation in the house." Memphis also remembered how Jerry called him a womanizer. He told Dan that he knew what Jerry had said long before the blow up. However, hearing Jerry call him a womanizer to his face just set Memphis off.

Here's some of the "never before seen footage":

• We got to see Jerry rapping. It was almost as uncomfortable as watching Jerry feel April's boobs.
  • We got to see Renny do impersonations of a few houseguests. She posed like a body builder for Jessie, walked around and cleaned fervently like April, aped Dan's eviction night speeches, and poked fun at Libra. It was pretty funny. Memphis noted how he learned a lot about Renny's gameplay from her ability to do impersonations. He said she was clearly a very observant person. After Renny was finishing making fun of the hamsters, Dan put on her robe and did an impersonation of his own.
  • Dan and Keesha have a sibling-esque relationship. We got to see a clips package of Dan scaring Keesha, shoving food in her face, and other antics.
  • Swim Club. Dan taught Renny and Ollie how to swim. But, the first rule of Swim Club is we don't talk about Swim Club. So I won't.
Sound off in the comments with what you thought about the clips show. Also, who do you think will win on Tuesday? Better yet, who should win on Tuesday? Who will you vote for to get $25,000? (Psst. I'm voting for Renny. Hands down.)

If you were on the Big Brother jury, who would you vote for to win the grand prize?
Dan706 (84.8%)
Memphis127 (15.2%)

Beth

I was so Happy Dan won Big Brother10! He was honest with the jury and they respected him for that!
Glad Keesha won the 25 K . Way to go all! I noticed that Ollie & April never got much applase from the crowd!

September 16 2008 at 11:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

I agree that the finale should have been last night. According to Jackie's previous report, the jury members already got to ask Dan and Memphis their questions. That was on Saturday I believe. They could easily have had the finale show last night.

I hope Dan wins the money. He has played the better game although I have not always liked all his tactics like the nomination roulette veto ceremony.

As for the $25,000, I hope Jerry gets it. To last that long and come so close, I think he deserves it. But more than likely Renny will get it.

September 15 2008 at 2:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jayr2345

it all just felt so set up. like in real reality the guys would walk around the house going from room to room going oh do you remember when this happened or when this happened and so on and so forth. i just wish it would have been more natural cause im sure they were talking about the moments in the house, maybe just not the moments the show wanted them to talk about (like ollie flippin out and calling Memphis a homophobic slur, oh im sorry i mean a red-headed step child).

September 15 2008 at 11:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce N.

It sounded like the guys were reading cue cards or something. Pretty much just another recap show, although the impersonations were very funny.

Hoping to see Dan win because he deserves it more, but won't cry if Memphis wins. I'd like to see Keesha win the $25,000. I really believe she played a better game than Renny. If Renny happens to win, that's okay, too, though. As long as Jerry doesn't see a penny of it, I'll be happy.

September 15 2008 at 9:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Beth

Last night should have been the finale! I would have liked to have seen some recent clips of the jurors in their house! The best part was when Dan was teaching Ollie & Renny how to swim! They probably have forgotten that ! I'm hoping they don't and give him their vote! The more I see of Memphis the less I like him!!!

September 15 2008 at 8:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marali

The last days of this show and tonight's episode, in particular, exasperate me to no end. What a waste of time! All the cutesy recap? Couldn't they please show the reality of what they creatively edit out throughout the season? I'm so tired of Jerry being painted as the kindly g-pa. If viewers vote for him to get the 25K I'll start spewing conspiracy theories. Argh!!!

I'm sure this is a tried and true formula but what other show wastes five days of our time getting to a resolution?

IMO it's dead space and I resent being kept at bay for so many days.

September 15 2008 at 2:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply