July 23, 2014

Prison Break: Eagles and Angels

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Sep 16th 2008 9:03AM

Michael (Wentworth Miller, L) and Lincoln (Dominic Purcell, C) come face to face with T-Bag (Robert Knepper, R) for the first time since escaping from Sona.
(S04E04) "I was thinking about maybe getting me a career in pictures." - T-Bag

Here we go - get ready for it. The hunt for the remaining Scylla cards continues! Boooooring. I don't feel like there's any challenge to obtaining these cards at this point when Roland's device makes it so simple. Stand next to someone holding the card for two minutes and you're done. Don Self could do this...himself. He doesn't need Scofield and Burrows. As was the case last week, the Scylla plot paled in comparison to what T-Bag is up to. It's the only solid mystery Prison Break has right now.

So T-Bag is in L.A., and after his brief and pointless run in with the brothers, he's taken up residence at Whistler's "job." Cole Pfeiffer is somewhat of a celebrity at the Gate Corporation, but I still can't figure out why Whistler was involved with them? Did he actually do sales for them? Or are all his figures bogus? That one guy Andy seems suspicious and I hope he'll uncover something. However, that secretary (Shannon Lucio, used to be on The OC) seems to have a bit of thing for "Cole," so I imagine she'll become useful.

The one annoying thing is that all of a sudden, everything that T-Bag looks at (office numbers, phone numbers, names) just happen to be in the bird book. It went from being a bunch of unknowns to a list of easy finds. It all seems so convenient, like he's stumbled onto Whistler's exact trail. At least he still needs to figure out what it all means.

However, I was glad we got a little bit of a clue at the end. Xing (dead!) seems to have been some sort of Chinese(?) spy and Whistler was supposed to have given him Scylla? So maybe someone at Gate is a cardholder and that's why Whistler got involved there? That would make sense and it would bring everyone back together once Scofield realizes they need T-Bag. Although, if that's all this is leading up to, then Whistler and his bird book are on the path to becoming a big letdown.

More thoughts...

• Can't we come up with anything better for Sara than fighting her old addictions? It's becoming quite clear that her return was far more of a publicity stunt than a solid plot device because she's contributed absolutely nothing thus far.
  • What are Pad Man and the Turkish diplomat's wife (Lisa) up to? What's the kip (Laos' currency) have to do with this? It's up to 15? When it gets high enough or low enough, is that when "10,000 causalities" becomes acceptable?
  • Why is Roland holding back on what he pulled from Lisa's phone? Was there info about him? Or is he just trying to raise his own value with the team?
  • Pam Mahone gave the FBI a pretty accurate sketch of Wyatt, huh? How come they haven't located him already? Or does someone from The Company work for the FBI? Probably...
  • Xing 011-86-02-35-8745. Something tells me those aren't going to be as important as the numbers on Lost.
  • Does Gretchen know something? I'm guessing she knows what the late Jasper knew - the location of the break-in site.
  • Scofield was bleeding from the nose again. Seems like it only happens at stressful moments.
  • Who was the figure in the shadow watching as Xing got killed? Someone we've seen before? Who's still a question mark? Kellerman?

This episode worked for me only because of the way it ended. We got a few (vague) answers and so far those have been far and few between. Just having some disposable plot about obtaining the Scylla cards each week isn't going to cut it. We need more back story on just what the hell is going on.

Which Gate employee do you think could be a Scylla cardholder?
Gregory White, the CEO99 (35.9%)
Andy, Cole's fellow salesman55 (19.9%)
Trishanne, the secretary122 (44.2%)

Tina

More questions:
Why did T-bag only eat some of the pages, but left the rest alone? Was it just because he was starving in the desert?
Why are Sarah and Bellick still around? Bellick never had to do any time in the U.S. before he helped Sucre.

On the plus side, I thought the looks on everyone's faces when they saw T-bag across the plaza was priceless.

September 20 2008 at 7:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tina

More questions:

September 20 2008 at 7:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amsale Tsige

I appriceate the writer and the producer and all the actore

September 19 2008 at 8:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PORSCHE

I coulnd't place Shannon in the OC so i went to IMDB and looks like she is only in 1 more show. Looks like she just filmed a new show though.. 4 those that seem to have a thing 4 her.

Copying the card is easier then stealing it but with only six cards they are sure to have bigger things to do. I still enjoy the show.

September 19 2008 at 12:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ctunightfall

The bird book is just this season's body tattoo. It just seems like obvious breadcrumbs because T-Bag is looking at them in context to the situation. With the brief time jump, we don't really know how much T-Bag has looked into Whistler's book. And because no one is as inventive as Michael for hiding clues, I think it can be assumed that the bird book is straightforward. I like Prison Break for the same main reason that I like the newer seasons of 24 -- I enjoy the ride and I don't need to think too much.

September 18 2008 at 1:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nattyff

about the poll... none of them, i'm with joe on these one. If the numer of the office was so importat and wistler had to write it down, says something about the actual "location" of the office, is very simple to become an importat sales man of a company when you have ilimited resorses, get the job, demand the "corner office", and then dig a hole (up or down) and you are in the "super secure" complex... laaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

September 17 2008 at 8:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brandon

Call me crazy, but I don't recall Lincoln ever having any tattoos before last night's episode -- advise?

September 16 2008 at 12:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Larry

The receptionist is HAWT! I hope she's a regular.

September 16 2008 at 12:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Larry's comment
yaksplat

All i can think of is motorboating....

September 16 2008 at 1:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Prison Break Secretary

Yea secretary is hot!!

I took some screengrabs from Episodes 1 and 2, check out the pics of the prison break secretary:

September 25 2008 at 12:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joe

It seems to me that the Gate Corporation connection is that it is in the same office complex as the General's office. Remember that t-bag ran into scofield/burrows when they were waiting for Lisa to leave her meeting with the General. T-Bag's corner office is probably above or below where he has to break in.

September 16 2008 at 11:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam

The writers really took a leap of faith last night. Two known criminals who were plastered all over TV walk into a policeman's benefit, and no one makes them! An important member of the company, the organization which is hunting the brothers down, stands face to face with Michael and doesn't recognize him! Do the writers even care anymore? On a good note, Mahone kept the intensity level up, Bellick was releveant, and T-Bag was T-Bag, which is always good.

September 16 2008 at 10:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply