April 15, 2014

Let's get ready for some football ... on Friday Night Lights - VIDEO

by Kelly Woo, posted Sep 25th 2008 10:00AM
Is anyone else out there as excited about Season 3 of Friday Night Lights, which premieres Oct. 1, as I am? Apparently, Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning might be, since he's a big fan of the show.

(And if you're a true Colts fan, you'd better watch too -- especially if you're a Nielsen viewer. Or else, um, you might jinx him and cause the team to lose the Super Bowl.)

As you may have heard, FNL will air exclusively on DirecTV this fall (and repeat on NBC in early 2009. Yeah, it's a pain if you don't get DirecTV (like me), but subscribers will be happy to learn they'll be able to watch commercial-free.

For those of us without DirecTV, we'll have to watch this fall some other way (wink wink). Meanwhile, let's content ourselves with this very glamorous trailer.

Mark Jerz

Event: Friday Night Lights @ Firefly
"Season 3 only on DirecTV"
What: Movie/TV Night
Host: FireFly
Start Time: Tomorrow, October 1 at 9:00pm
Where: FireFly
www.fireflynyc.com

54 Spring St
New York, NY 10012
(212) 966-8716

October 01 2008 at 2:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
debbie

I think that airing FNL only Direct TV will end up being the worst mistake ever. I personally do not have the patience to wait until it airs on regular cable. How dare you try to determine which company I chose for TV. And who's to say that people with Direct TV are all going to watch just because they are the only ones to have it. I can't believe the power people really believe that the fan base is so strong that folks will wait and we certainly aren't going to switch to Direct TV just for this show. Intelligent people know that ANY television show needs to grab any viewers they can get. There are too many choices for us to watch. I'm am SOOOOOOOO mad about this I just think I will boycott the show even when it does become available. Stupid- Stupid-Stupid!!!!!!!!

September 27 2008 at 1:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ProgGrrl

I am so excited to get one of my favorite shows back. It's bittersweet since a don't have DirecTV...it's only 13 eps... and I've steeled myself for the likely news that this will be the last season.

Nevertheless, I cannot wait!

September 26 2008 at 9:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary

I have DirecTV coming tomorrow morning to set me up. :-) I even emailed DTV to tell them that FNL is the only reason I am going with them.

I can't wait!

September 25 2008 at 8:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

What channel is this on on direct tv? Dont say on demand my college doesnt have that feature in the dorm rooms.

September 25 2008 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to ac's comment
lisa

hey what is "the other way" to watch

September 25 2008 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to lisa's comment
Andrew

Download it illegally from the Internet.

September 25 2008 at 1:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andrew

Having it exclusively on DirecTV is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. What a way to drum up interest in the show...cut off access to 75% of the potential watchers!

September 25 2008 at 12:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Andrew's comment
Ryan

Well the other option was to cancel it outright.

September 25 2008 at 2:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ladytex

I am one of the biggest fans, and I don't have direct tv, so I'm a bit ticked off. and waiting until February, after football season, and when it's been spoiled all to heck is not an option. so I probably have seen the last episode after they left us hanging last season ... pfffftttt

September 25 2008 at 12:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
colby

Oh, you'd better believe I'm watching this "another way". There's no way in heck I'm waiting until January to get my FNL fix.

September 25 2008 at 11:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sara

Yes!!! I can't wait for season 3 next week! I didn't know it would be commercial free. That's awesome. Love this show, one of the best on right now.

September 25 2008 at 10:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply