September 19, 2014

Sarah Michelle Gellar returns to TV

by Thomas DiChiara, posted Sep 26th 2008 5:08PM
Sarah Michelle Gellar The erstwhile Buffy the Vampire Slayer star is eying a return to the small screen with a half-hour dramedy pilot at HBO, entitled Wonderful Maladys.

According to Variety, the New York-set show will revolve around three adult siblings who lost their parents at a very early age.

Screenwriter Charles Randolph, who wrote the script with Gellar in mind, describes her character as having "a kind of zealous immaturity -- like a drug addict with a to-do list." Sounds just peachy.

The project, which is aiming to shoot its pilot early next year, marks Gellar's first regular TV gig since Buffy ended in 2003 -- though she's appeared on episodes of The Simpsons and Robot Chicken since. Think she'll slay it? Sound off below.

Keith

I miss her being on tv on a regular basis, but I don't think this show will gonna last long.

November 13 2008 at 6:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brandy

OMG....Sarah Michelle Gellar back on TV finally! She is a great actress and she is so effin hot! I missed seeing her.

November 13 2008 at 10:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Luisfer

Oh my God I can't wait... well actually I do have to way 'cause i'm not in US, but hey... great news to me anyway, Sarah Michelle Gellar is amazing. I just can't let go Buffy, I also want that the show comes back it was and will be for the record my favorite show. I did'nt knew about the Paley's Reunion but i'm still hoping for that movie/musical by the way!!

Greetings from Venezuela!! Chao

October 10 2008 at 11:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brandy

Buffy was my all-time favorite T.V series that I watched from day 1-to the very last show.

What ever Sarah Michelle Gellar is in you best believe I'll be tivo'ing it and hopefully as in love with her new show as I was with Buffy!

October 06 2008 at 6:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mai Ling

Gellar will "slay it", for sure. If she's in it, then I'll be watching! She is the Meryl Streep of television. She's got range, depth, presence (not to mention hotness), comedic timing and a quality that captivates. I loved watching her on Buffy (syndication- I was late to jump on the Buffy bandwagon!). And her film projects she has always given stellar performances whether in great movies or mediocre ones. I hope she is given good material; if the guy behind it wrote it specifically with her in mind, it bodes well that it might be quite good. Because that means he knows he is dealing with a major talent.

October 02 2008 at 5:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ettadros101

I SAY BRING BACK BUFFY!
THIS SHIT SOUNDS BORING.
BRING BACK BUFFY
BRING BACK BUFFY
I DEMAND TO BRING BACK BUFFY
AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

September 27 2008 at 7:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eric f

I have a feeling that will be much better than her recent movies, bringing back the girl we loved in Buffy. Especially considering that it's on HBO.

September 27 2008 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JJ Forde

I think the role sounds good for her and given the time since she has taken in getting back into a series I would guess she waited until a role she really liked came along. Regardless, I will be watching just to get my lingering Buffy fix

September 26 2008 at 5:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply