November 21, 2014

Tina Fey offered $6M for book (maybe, possibly?)

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 3rd 2008 3:02PM
Tina FeyThe New York Post is reporting that 30 Rock star and producer Tina Fey has been offered around $6M for her first book.

Fey is the It Girl on TV right now, with Emmys and her Sarah Palin impersonation (will she make yet another appearance on the show tomorrow night?) and the upcoming third season of her show (October 30). Not sure if the $6M figure is correct. The Post says her agent isn't commenting and that the figure is from "sources." If it's true, that's a pretty hefty payday. You don't usually see a figure that high unless you're a major political figure or a bestselling, established author. But good for her if she gets it.

The paper says that the book won't be a memoir but a book of humor essays "in the style...of Nora Ephron." I kinda doubt that. I mean, maybe, but something tells me the essays will be edgier, with less personal details.

Mattie Claude

Tina Fey will always have Palin to imitate. Palin ofers so much material one could go on and on...
I hope Tina Fey can stay grounded after SNL and her book plus her show. She is a real talent!

October 13 2008 at 3:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joanna

Responding to questions about its origin, Fey was quoted in the November 25, 2001, New York Times as saying: "It's a childhood injury that was kind of grim. And it kind of bums my parents out for me to talk about it."

Now I want to hear about it!

October 04 2008 at 9:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul

For $6M I wanna know about the scar.

October 04 2008 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MIke

I wish her all the success she's getting right now. She is talented, beautiful, and hilariously clever. I hope all the expose doesn't turn the public against her. And I'm a conservative, so it's not a partisan issue.

October 03 2008 at 5:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RevJonathan

It's over Falon, you had your chance but you will never land Tina Fey.

October 03 2008 at 4:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

I'll buy it. The line starts right behind me!

October 03 2008 at 3:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply