September 30, 2014

Chuck: Chuck vs. the Seduction

by Paul Goebel, posted Oct 7th 2008 8:23AM

The reason I watched The OC(S02E02) "His liver must look like camouflage." - Chuck Bartowski

As amusing as he is, I can't say that I'm excited about Lester becoming a douchebag now that he is assistant manager. Haven't we already seen this on shows like The Office? Of course, everyone still defers to Chuck on anything important, but a complete lack of discipline was what made the Buy More a great place to work, wasn't it?

Did the producers copy my iPod when I wasn't looking? Once again, Huey Lewis is the perfect musical choice.

I like the addition of the covert headquarters in the yogurt store. It makes debriefing a lot easier and, more importantly, gives the show more opportunities to show Yvonne Strahovski in that outfit.

I completely forgot about John Larroquette being added to the cast. His character is a perfect addition considering there has yet to be an "old school" spy on the show. Larroquette is really an amazing actor. He seems to have taken the characters of Dan Fielding and Carl Sack and combined them perfectly.

I managed to remember that Melinda Clarke was going to be on this episode (for some odd reason) but I could have done without the corny accent. In any event, Zach Levi is one of the luckiest bastards on television.

It seems the "Ass Man" title has been passed from Kramer to Big Mike. His line was one of the few times I laughed in this episode. It seemed to me that there was too much touchy-feely and not enough jokey, jokey. Additionally, the return of Bryce was just a bummer.

Just for the record, there is no 9000 Burbank Blvd. in the Los Angeles area.

KenMo

Are they going to keep bringing Bryce back evey time Chuck is ready to make a move on Sarah.

Same thing happened last season so it was a little disappointing that they did it again this year.

October 09 2008 at 5:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mb

Of course, I'm pointing out the obvious trivia fact but did anyone Morgan's yellow laptop bag during the first employee meeting?

It said something to the effect of "Tyrell Corporation" (sp?) which is the replicant/android manufacturer from Blade Runner.

Yes, I need a life. But it's nice to see little things like this on any TV show.

October 08 2008 at 3:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rich

Yeah, this guy wrote his "review" as he was watching the show. I suppose that's one way of confining his work to a one hour time limit, or less because he watched it on Hulu.

October 08 2008 at 11:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Manal

I loved this episode. One of my favorite parts and that I found hilarious was when they called Chuck back to ask for directions. This show is hilarious. It really needs more promoting besides television.

October 07 2008 at 7:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Yme Sandelmann

Maybe the worst "review" I've read here ever. I can't believe you actually get paid for that... No mention of the plot AT ALL, you didn't even mention the cliffhanger? Did you watch the episode? Blech!

October 07 2008 at 6:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
5 replies to Yme Sandelmann's comment
Manuel Reis

Why, why did Bryce returned to the show at this time? It's not fair!

John Laroquette ruled the episode! Maybe the best guest actor until now in Chuck. And he might get a nomination...

Yvonne Strahovski... Darn, she's sexy! Melinda Clarke... Not so sexy.

October 07 2008 at 1:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony

I was just wondering who else got the character name reference on Chuck last night. Melinda Clark's character's name was Sasha Banachek, which was also the character's name Linda Fiorentino played in the cult 80's film "Gotcha". Fiorentino played an American spy double-agent to Anthony Edwards college wimp It was a great nod to movie geeks everywhere

October 07 2008 at 12:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Tony's comment
Tess Capra

Nice catch!

October 09 2008 at 10:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
George

Is the scaling correct on that Melinda Clarke image correct? She seems disproportionately wide. Not that I'm complaining -- she looks great whichever way they show her. Now I'm gonna have to watch the first 20 minutes of 'Spawn' again. Damn.

October 07 2008 at 10:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Christine

I'm not sure what's going on with the Recaps recently, but I don't like it. They're either short or non-existent. Bummer, TVSquad, I hope you're working on a super secret exciting thing to make up for this disappointment

October 07 2008 at 10:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Christine's comment
Jennifer

They did: cliqueclack.com is where all the recaps are going now. They had an announcement on October 1 about this.

October 09 2008 at 1:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bbrown

Yea this doesn't feel like much of a review to me either. There was a lot of really nice stuff in this episode. Like the fact that Chuck risked his life to save Sarah. Not to mention that I think we saw him blossoming into more his own person and an actual agent than just someone that needs to be rescued all the time again. He can hold his own and he is starting to show that.

October 07 2008 at 10:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply