September 3, 2014

Burn Notice and Psych renewed

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 10th 2008 2:07PM
Psych
This really isn't stunning news, as both shows are loved my millions and get great ratings every week, but I think it will bring a smile to people's faces as we watch the Dow go down again.

USA Network has renewed Burn Notice for a third season and Psych for a fourth season. This means the new seasons that will begin in the summer of 2009, not the current season which had its summer finale this summer and will launch the second half of their seasons in January.

You know, TV seasons used to be a lot easier to figure out.

I hate to say this, but Psych is one of those shows that I really have to catch up with on DVD or perhaps a holiday marathon. But Burn Notice is one of my favorite shows on TV right now, a "Must-See" for me even though it airs on a night where my TV viewing schedule is jam-packed (Ugly Betty, 30 Rock, The Office, ER). I honestly thought that the show would only last a season or two at the most (come on, a spy series on basic cable?), but it took off in the ratings and it's of a higher quality than I expected too.

What both of these shows have going for them are standout leads and standout supporting players. I'm going to make a prediction that both shows will be on the USA schedule for a long, long time.

Which show do you like better?
Burn Notice rocks!255 (50.0%)
Psych rules!248 (48.6%)
I don't own a television!7 (1.4%)

Joyce N.

What the hey? Are your cable stations stuck on one program? There are other TV shows on besides Burn Notice.

January 06 2009 at 11:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
r.r.r.

Psych rules the school! This is good news! :) I have been told that I would like Burn Notice. Perhaps I'll catch up on DVD? Yay for both shows. :)

October 10 2008 at 7:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rob

Oh come on,.. No selection for "I Love Both!"? They are both great for completely different reasons. That's like saying, "What's better, Heroes or The Simpsons?"

Either way, I'm just glad they are both renewed. Here's hoping that the Unit will get picked up off the bubble again.

October 10 2008 at 3:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Rob's comment
Wayne Dunham

I agree Rob. My brain goes into overload trying to answer his question. I too love both.

However if a gun was put to my head I'd have to vote for Psych. I love Burn Notice but scenes with Gabrielle in them bother me. She used to be gorgeous, now all I can think when I see her is "EAT SOMETHING!!". What does she weigh about 12 pounds?

October 11 2008 at 8:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CRVBOY

Yay! Burn Notice rocks. And yes, it'll be back in January with the remaining 6 episodes from season 2 (due to the writer's strike).

October 10 2008 at 3:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chip Douglas

I know that Psych is coming back this January. Does this mean that Burn Notice will be back this January with new episodes? I always thought of it as one of Summer's guilty pleasures.

October 10 2008 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply