November 27, 2014

Daily Show's Jones and Bee to star in CBS sitcom - VIDEO

by Annie Wu, posted Oct 14th 2008 11:03AM
Jones and BeeTime for a bit of news about our favorite real couple in fake news! Daily Show correspondents Jason Jones and Samantha Bee have signed on to co-write and co-star in a CBS comedy. Jones will star as a celebrity chef and Bee will play one of the two ladies that run his most likely Rachael Ray-esque empire. Some semblance of hilarity will ensue, hopefully.

Doing a sitcom be a departure from what TDS fans are used to seeing from these two. I can only vaguely remember Bee's one or two, super-brief sitcom guest spots and and the only non-TDS thing I remember Jones doing was that weird crafting battle show on Style. No, I did not dream that; there was definitely a show called Craft Corner Deathmatch. It was extreme as it sounds, with a lot of intense hot glue and bric-a-brac.

Also, this probably means that the two of them will be taking off TDS permanently to commit to this show. Jones joined Jon Stewart's gang in 2005, but Bee has been on the show since 2003 and is the only correspondent left from those golden years. Steve Carell departed the correspondent seat for The Office, and Rob Corddry attempted this a few years ago to work on FOX's The Winner, which did not garner quite the same results. Insert lame joke about the titular irony. Insert lamer joke about "titular."

Hopefully, Bee and Jones will have better luck, turning their married couple chemistry to full blast, as they once demonstrated during this piece on the Eliot Spitzer scandal:

[via Mediabsitro]

StillBash

Oh God dammit.

Guess this means more of Schal's "Wonder Woman", doesn't it?

*vomits*

I was on the Eiffel-Tower yesterday. Anybody care about that? No? Figures...

October 15 2008 at 8:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul

Jones and Bee have worked on a number of movies together in Canada, and even had a movie ("Cooper's Camera") at TIFF this year. Wonder if Jones' longtime writing partner, Mike Beaver, will be joining him on this sitcom.

Looks like there will be a new infusion of talent at TDS post-election.

October 15 2008 at 7:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joey Geraci

Sad :(
Jones was really getting good, and Samantha has always been great. Certainly, that new girl is absolutely no replacement for Samantha Bee (I hope Jon Stewart fully and completely realizes that fact).

If Oliver goes I don't think I will be able to go on!

October 14 2008 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Laura

Really like these two - after all, they're representing Canadians (like me!). :)

Still, as much as I hate to see 'em go, I hope their sitcom does go well.

Oh, and there is one other non-TDS place on TV to see Jason...the Molson Canadian beer commercials! (Look 'em up - they're hilarious.)

October 14 2008 at 12:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steve

kinda sad to see them go, I was really starting to like Jones and Sam was one of my favourties. Oh well as long as John Oliver doesn't go anywhere anytime soon I will be ok.

good luck to them