August 21, 2014

Analyzing the new Lost promo - VIDEO

by Erin Martell, posted Oct 23rd 2008 2:06PM
Evangeline LillyA promo for the upcoming fifth season of Lost has popped up online, giving fans something to talk about during the long hiatus. I'm still reeling from all the cliffhangers and surprises from the season four finale, especially Ben's conversation with Jack.

Since the show doesn't return until 2009 (sniff), there's no time like the present to dissect this promo to an insane degree. I'll save the clip and my speculation for after the jump. For the record, I thought the promo was fantastic and gave us just enough to salivate over.

Kate and Aaron - It looks like Kate is heeding Claire's warning about taking Aaron back to the island. She'll probably be the biggest obstacle to Ben's Locke-saving mission.

Hurley is armed and dangerous - I can't wait to see this moment play out. Hurley was so tortured and sad in the flash-forwards last season. If the promo is any indication, Hugo got his mojo back after Sayid took him away from Santa Rosa and invisible Eko.

Sun gets locked in - All we saw of post-island Sun was the moment where she was locked in a room. Was that a police officer standing guard outside? The clip also made it look like Sun turned around to look at someone else who was inside. Perhaps her alliance with Widmore has put her in danger.

Is Daniel back on the island? This was the most intriguing part of the promo for me. You can see a person in a hazmat suit pulling a gun on someone resembling Daniel Faraday. There was also a brief shot of Daniel in a hard hat. Daniel's fate was still up in the air at the end of last season. He was on the raft with a few redshirts when the island disappeared. How did the raft find the island again?

There are plenty of other moments to discuss -- Juliet digging something up, the bloody compass, etc. -- so have at it, fans!

[via Watch With Kristin and UGO]

Hurley\'s Dad

The biggest thing I took from the clip was the airplane near the end. It's the Nigerian plane Yemi (and eventually Boone) died in, and it looks like it's falling again.

Did they go back in time and now replay everything over again? Very interesting.....

November 13 2008 at 12:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alvaro

If you look at the new promo. When locke is on the ground with the rifle pointed at his head. It looks as if he cant believe he is seeing who he is seeing, as if someone that should of been dead is back. Did anyone else notice this.

October 31 2008 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dan

I think Dan is back on the island. Straight after Jack mentions the "Bad things", there's a brief glimpse of someone aiming a gun at Locke and Dan and Charlotte looking at each other, on-island.

October 28 2008 at 9:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DK

Isn't Nestor Carbonell part of the main cast yet? Ugh, if they kill him off before the whole ageless thing gets resolved...

October 23 2008 at 8:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jenny

Been better if you had linked to the site that actually got the clip then you would not have to worry about losing video.

You can also see screencaps

October 23 2008 at 6:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin

I'm of the mind that the raft was transported with the island--that they were in close enough proximity to go along for the ride. It's what I figure happened to Jin as well (I don't buy he's dead--that he escaped the boat explosion).

All I know is the way the show has changed is awesome. There was no way they could keep them on the island for the entirety of the show and now we get to live more in the present with the flashbacks (and any flash forwards) giving us more in-depth looks into the plot rather than teasing us to the plot direction and delivering more character development.

October 23 2008 at 4:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darren

I can't wait - by far the best show on TV!

October 23 2008 at 3:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
christopher_martone

Oh and might I add -- amazing; can't wait

October 23 2008 at 3:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

Clip is no longer avalible?! You've got to be kidding me!

October 23 2008 at 2:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to ac's comment
christopher_martone

Click on the "Watch with Kristin" link at the end; it's there

October 23 2008 at 2:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erin Martell

I've embedded a new version of the video; hope that works out for you guys!

October 23 2008 at 3:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply