December 18, 2014

Lily and Marshall are pregnant???

by Debra McDuffee, posted Oct 23rd 2008 8:47AM
Alyson Hannigan and Alexis DenisofDid you hear the news? Lily from How I Met Your Mother is pregnant! What? Oh, you mean ... never mind. I misspoke, lost in my fictional friends' lives for a moment.

Let me try this again: Alyson Hannigan, the actress who plays Lily on HIMYM, is pregnant in real life. And do you know who the father is? I think we won't find out until the series finale; they've really been stringing us along with all of the potential love interests. What's that? Oh, man....

Sorry to confuse you: we do know who the father is. Wesley Wyndham Price from Buffy and Angel. I know, I know, I was confused, too. I thought he was in love with Lilah. When she died he was so sad, and he ended up sleeping with that heiress, what's-her-name? Huh? Nah, that can't be. Really?

OK, I think I've got it straight: Alyson Hannigan and Alexis Denisof are expecting their first child this spring. The child will be in real life, and Lily may or may not be pregnant on HIMYM. Apparently, the two are unrelated. How can that be...?

StillBash

Went to London once to see her in "When Harry Met Sally" (including a nice scene where Luke Perry showed his naked butt *snicker*). God I liked her so much in Buffy *blush*

October 28 2008 at 10:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PORSCHE

Wes was with the heiress in early shows then loved fred..then sslept with lilah but still loved fred.. then almost got fred but fred turned blue..or purple.

And I think Wes's actions show he loved Lilah. Brooke into Wolfram and Hart to save her from that rock beast.. then when he was touring Wolfram and Hart he broke into the file room to burn her contract and save her soul.. he loved her.

October 25 2008 at 12:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Riley Freeman

good thanks for that news crv

October 23 2008 at 5:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
am_hollitz

Lilly is preggers folks, and its already been worked into the show... In the episode airing 2 weeks ago--the one where Ted and the gang go out to New Jersey--the crew make a pact toward the end of the episode to return to their favorite bar and buy that bottle of $2500 scotch. Lo and behold, they follow through and everyone drinks the scotch EXCEPT Lilly (Allison Hannigan); she just takes a sniff from the glass.

October 23 2008 at 3:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ian

That man gets to have sex with Alyson Hannigan. That man shall DIE!

(congrats to Alexis and Alyson I hope everything turns out great)

;)

October 23 2008 at 2:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Riley Freeman

i miss angel. i liked that show alot.
whatever happened to the girl that played fred. i figured she would have been in other roles she could play a variety of roles.

man some people just disappear

October 23 2008 at 2:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Riley Freeman's comment
CRVBOY

Amy Acker who played Winifred Burkle is staring in Joss's new series, Dollhouse.

October 23 2008 at 3:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nattyff

LOL

October 23 2008 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
divineparasite

Darn Claire you beat me to it. Shame on TV Squad for mixing Lilah with Fred. Wesley never loved Lilah, he just slept with her, and it was during his depressed and lonely stage. Wes always pined for Winifred, even back then. Talk about confused. Congradulations to Wesley and Willow, I mean Alexis and Alyson.

October 23 2008 at 1:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Claire

FRED!! Wesley was in love with Fred. how could forget fred but remember the heiress?

also on HIMYM Alexis was just a guest character to throw a bit of tension between robyn and ted for a few episodes.

still congratulations to them, it's refreshing to see a hollywood couple lasting.

October 23 2008 at 11:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Claire's comment
Debra McDuffee

That's what I get for writing a post after my bedtime -- how could I forget Fred?? Maybe b/c I wanted to put it out of my mind, heh, although Fred and Gunn were probably a far more nauseating couple than Wesley and Fred would have been.

I disagree with Midnight13, though -- Wesley did love Lilah. It surprised him, but it was real and I very much enjoyed the layers to this complex relationship.

October 23 2008 at 1:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DK

Awww, I liked Fred and Gunn...
But anyways, I think maybe you just watched Angel backwards starting from the fourth season. Honest mistake.

October 23 2008 at 8:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Riley Freeman

i hope they dont work this into the storyline. i think it will dull down the plot if they have a kid on the show.

they can however work in a storyline where shes stressed about something and starts eating a lot of crap and that would explain the belly

October 23 2008 at 10:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Riley Freeman's comment
Ryan

Ala Frasier. Good times. Daphne was just stress-eating. She had to go to fat camp. Lovely.

There's lots of ways they can do this. They could go to Will & Grace route and ignore it completely while placing Lily behind big jackets, couches, and bags.

They can sideline Lily ala Desperate Housewives. She falls and has to stay in bed. Or she's visiting relatives, etc.

Working it in will probably be the simplest solution especially since it does put a cramp in Lily's style and it could be hilarious to see how she handles that (ala Barney dealing with his feelings for Robin).

Or they won't have to worry because Aly is a tiny girl and they might just take a winter hiatus. Who knows?

October 23 2008 at 11:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

Nice for them IRL, but I do worry about baby on the show. This so isn't a kid-friendly group of people right now. I wouldn't care so much if she'd gotten pregnant later in the season, but they will definitely have to deal with her showing in this one. Meh.

October 23 2008 at 4:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply