April 19, 2014

Obama ad won't air on ABC

by Brad Trechak, posted Oct 28th 2008 3:02PM
Pushing DaisiesThe Obama campaign has put a line in the sand regarding which networks will broadcast its prime-time campaign advertisement air on Wednesday night. The campaign has passed on ABC, which will be showing a new episode of Pushing Daisies against the ad to be shown on CBS, NBC, Fox and Univision at 8 p.m.

If the Obama campaign was going to pass on a network, you'd think it would be Fox since Fox News is the mortal enemy of his political party. What does the campaign have against the House of the Mouse? You can't get more American than Mickey.

Perhaps ABC has a large liberal demographic and the campaign is going for the swing vote rather than the sure thing. All this is only postulation, of course.

Mark my words: this is going to be a ratings bonanza for Pushing Daisies. And all the new viewers will probably lean politically to the right. To clinch it, they should have Bill O'Reilly as a guest star that night.

PORSCHE

I can't believe how many have to pick between these shows...I have enough shows on my DVR I didn't plan to have to decide. Now my DVR recorded PD tonight and i will get around to that in the coming days...but I wasn't going to record a commercial... for either side.

I was out tonight so i had to see parts of it and it sucked.. of course there are people in need.. of course a politician is going to say their plan is going to help them.

What i saw on the news tonight though.. dem say when they control prez..senate and congress they are going to ban off shore drilling.. and oil went up $5 a barrel.

I don't need an informercial to see Barrak Hussain Obama isn't ready to lead a country.

October 30 2008 at 1:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melody Warbington

I totally agree with Franklin and Kodi, and I intend to vote for McCain/Palin. I won't be watching the Obama propaganda and plan to actually block it from coming through just to make myself feel better.

havoc1 said "Stop your McCarthy-esque rants against change, and open your eyes, as many of the countries that have highest living standards, just happen to be a wee bit socialist in regards to their structure (Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Canada....)." My husband worked for a Swedish based company for many years. If things are so great in Sweden, why did so many of the Swedes move to the U.S. in order to avoid paying the exorbitant socialist taxes in Sweden, not to mention wanting to take advantage of the medical services in our country because they had to wait so long to see a doctor? Read the article linked below about Tennessee's state health care plan and then tell me how well you think socialized medicine works. Even the Democratic governor admits it's an utter failure. http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110005987

McCain/Palin 2008 - SAVE THE U.S.

October 29 2008 at 6:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kyle

what a nice guy - only wants his ads to disrupt the crappy shows.

October 29 2008 at 12:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hafoc1

I just want to say it's quite funny reading all these posts, especially as I am one of your neighbours to the north and we actually have much of what many of the people here are referring to as 'socialist and soviet' policies and institutions. Last time I checked, we're very much a democratic nation, we have a great education system, and that universal health care thing we have...not working out too bad. Stop your McCarthy-esque rants against change, and open your eyes, as many of the countries that have highest living standards, just happen to be a wee bit socialist in regards to their structure (Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Canada....). This whole thing was about an Ad Buy, and it not showing up on ABC...just let it go, and move your political rants to a forum more suited for it.

October 29 2008 at 9:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chaim

A few things:

1) I love how people assume the people who run fox Broadcasting TV are all rabid right wingers, just because a totally seperate division, Fox News, leans Right. It's like saying NBC TV is left wing because Keith Olberman and Rachel Madow are rabid Left wingers on MSNBC. In fact, Fox is bending over backwards for Obama and allowing a product they paid millions of dollars to air, the World Series to be pushed around by a glorified infomercial and waste of doners money.

2) Obama not going for ABC shows they type of ego centric arrogant person he is. ABC initially wasn't interested so now he isn't interested, only one or two networks were gonna air this, but when all the others jumped on ABC changed their minds. So Obama basiclly said "too late, should have grabbed me when you had the chance .."

3) Don't drink the kool aid. I know y'all hated Bush, but don't punish America by electing someone who is so unqualified to be President ... be careful what you wish for, you wanted someone so opposite of Bush? You might get him, and then you'll wish you never did.

October 29 2008 at 7:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kodi

I just read where he still will not come up with a birth certificate, if he has one where is it? He lies about everything else, and we all roll along with such complacency. It is a shame that more of you don" t check the Democratic lawyer who has filed suit against him for none birth certificate. He doesn't show SATS, our kids would have to, his college grades,. For a smooth talker why is it he said that he did not know Re. Wright hated whities and God Damed the U.S.after 20 years. He did not know, but sat on the panle with terrorist Bill Ayres and his wife that they did all those horrible bombings, lets see the video that Fox channel is trying to force the U.S to see with proof of associations. from 2001.He also don't remember his neighbor and associations with Ayres in the livingroom of Rabbi Wolfe several years ago in Chicago.What about Resko he can't remember his association with him much either though money chanced hands there and he ended up with a nice piece of property real cheap. Acorn well he never worked for them, watch the tape on it he says it is your duty to the Acorn people to make sure I win, it is imperative.
If he is so smart why can't he remember who his friends are? Now he says he is for helping the economy but he wants us (the u.S. to take off the election day he says on his video and work for him for free , don't go to work that day, just call off I will take care of you, and go out and help me get into office. I never heard anything so ridiculous when you have people who are loosing their jobs tell ing them call off of work on election day. Loose a days pay for him, if he is so good he doesn't need the U.S. to close down to help him.

So stop the trams, stop business, stop buses, close the stores, shut down restaurants, for Obama meanwhile he is eating shrimp, lobster, caviar and champagne that day he said. Yes he is looking out for the middle class.
Joe The Plumber where are you?

October 29 2008 at 4:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
khamel

so much hate in these comments, when all pushing daisies wants to do is bring us love.

i'm glad someone isn't going to be showing the obama ad, theres nothing new that is (or mccain) can say at this point. unless obama is going to use the ad to show us he has osama bin laden locked up in his basement. that would be awesome. everyone can agree on that.

October 28 2008 at 6:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to khamel's comment
Mike

LOL, that would be quite the shocker!

October 28 2008 at 6:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tv junkie

lol, i agree, all pushing daisies wants to do is to bring us love...
i don't quiet get the logic for the "30 minutes" political ad just before the election. people already know who they want to vote for at this point, and the undecided, well, most of them actually know who they're voting for...they just don't want the survey to know.
at this point, i just want the campaign to be over with already!
so hopefully, no matter who you're voting, if you're not interested in the ad, Pushing Daisies seemed like a good place for entertainment.

October 28 2008 at 7:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gwin

Um, ABC, home of Rush Limbaugh on its radio network, is far from liberal. Read this:

October 28 2008 at 5:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Gwin's comment
LC

Geez. Just because ABC radio is conservative, does not mean ABC television is. ABC has Charlie Gibson as their national news anchor, had Politically Incorrect on for years and airs The View.

The same holds true for the Fox network and Fox News.

October 28 2008 at 6:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tv junkie

ABC Radio has NOTHING to do with ABC TV or Disney whatsoever.

the Radio operation was sold to Citadel Broadcasting a while ago to cut cost or something.

October 28 2008 at 7:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Margaret Calvert

I voted today during my lunch hour. So, I don't really need to watch Obama's ad - or anyone else's for that matter. I've never watched Pushing Daisies. So, it's an easy opt out for me -- I'll be watching something on cable. No brainer.

October 28 2008 at 5:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Margaret Calvert's comment
Frank

Come on, what are you going to be watching on cable? A syndicated episode of CSI or House? Something terrible on MTV or E!?

You should check out Pushing Daisies. It really is one of the best shows on TV.

October 28 2008 at 6:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sdm

I voted (McCain/Palin) & I like Pushing Dasies. I'm also a Phillies fan, so I'm annoyed to have to wait an extra 1/2 hour to see game 5 resumed for an infomercial. But, since I can also read, I will do that before the game resumes.

sdm

October 28 2008 at 4:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to sdm's comment
Franklin

Good thing you can read, but if you couldn't then you should've voted for Nobama. If he wins somebody will come to your house after they get off work to read to you! Of course you'd have to wait for them to finish working all that overtime they'd need to put in just to make ends meet after Komrade Barry rapes them with taxes to give to fools like Omega.

October 28 2008 at 5:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply