August 30, 2014

What's On Tonight: Election, Election, Election, Election, 90210

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 4th 2008 4:00PM
  • Stewart/ColbertAt 7, Election Coverage starts on all of the major networks and some minor ones. Actually, it starts on the cable news channels a lot earlier.
  • At 8, The CW has a new 90210, then a new Privileged.
  • ABC Family has a new Lincoln Heights at 8.
  • At 9, PBS Election Coverage starts.
  • Sci-Fi has a new ECW at 9, followed by two new episodes of Scare Tactics.
  • Discovery has a new Dirty Jobs at 9.
  • At 10, Comedy Central has their Daily Show/Colbert Report election night coverage.
  • FX has a new episode of The Shield at 10.
  • Also at 10: Bravo has a new Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Check your local TV listings for more.

As for the late night talk shows, all of them are either pre-empted or they're repeats. Except Charlie Rose, which will have coverage of the election.

CC

By the time 8pm rolled around (in California), it was pretty clear how the election was going to turn out. I tuned in to 90210 but KTLA ended up cutting away to "breaking news". And then they went back to 90210. And then to "breaking news". And then 90210. And back to "breaking news". It was ridiculous.

They didn't even bother to show Privileged.

If I wanted to watch election coverage, there was about a dozen stations (broadcast, not even counting cable) that I could have tuned in to. CW shouldn't advertise new episodes if they aren't going to show them.

November 05 2008 at 10:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darren

I see some people just don't get it. It's just like the super bowl - put something else on against it to see if people really care. Does it have to be on every single channel tonight - NO. Do networks have to have reruns during the super bowl - NO! (With the exception of the show after it). I'm just saying not everyone is interested in every single second of coverage - I can wait until the morning to see who wins! That's all I'm saying.

As for Elf - Grow up already

November 04 2008 at 7:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Darren's comment
Andrew

You can wait until the morning to find out who won, well guess what, I can wait until tomorrow for new programming. This is one of the biggest elections in history. If any of the major networks puts anything on that wasn't election coverage it would get crushed in the ratings.

November 04 2008 at 7:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darren

People, please watch 90210 and Privledged. Let's start showing these networks that they do NOT have to all show this stuff. Leave it to CNN and Fox News to cover it. The rest of the night should be new programming!

November 04 2008 at 4:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Darren's comment
RobynM

Sorry, but even though I'm not planning on gorging myself on coverage since the election party I was going to attend got cancelled, those shows aren't on my radar at any time, even to "teach the networks a lesson".

BTW, I'm with Elf on this one - trying to get the networks to ignore an election so important that foreigners are telling us to go out and vote is pretty goofy. The nets pay precious little attention to actual news already.

November 04 2008 at 5:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andrew

I realize that everyone has a right to their opinion, but Darren's opinion is just wrong.

November 04 2008 at 7:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply