December 20, 2014

Note to The Next Mrs. Bonaduce: Don't do it!

by Jane Boursaw, posted Nov 6th 2008 1:14PM
Danny Bonaduce in The Jerk TheoryYou'd think that celebrity couples would start getting the picture after a while. Don't do a reality show! It's just the death knell of any marriage, and I think you can probably name a few obituaries in that category: Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey, Hulk and Linda Hogan, and Danny and Gretchen Bonaduce, to name a few.

PopEater is reporting that the Bonaduce's divorce is a done deal, and he has to shell out $16K a month in spousal and child support. Guess how he's going to earn the cash -- a dating reality show called The Next Mrs. Bonaduce!

Now, what girl in her right mind would participate in such a fiasco? I mean, I have to admit that I watched his show, Breaking Bonaduce, a few times, and was weirdly transfixed to his train wreck of a life.

He's one of those people who's always had a lot of demons to overcome, but it seemed like he was really trying. The cameras even followed him through rehab. You've got to hand it to a spouse who stands by a guy through all of that -- which Gretchen did for a long time, since 1990. But sometimes, it just gets to be too much.

Well, all I can say is good luck to the next Mrs. Bonaduce. I'm guessing that maybe those girls will just be looking for their shot at fame, but you never know. True love can bloom in the oddest of places.

Brent McKee

California votes to ban Gay marriage but lets Bonaduce reproduce? Something is very wrong there!

November 09 2008 at 2:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jboursaw

DanGarion - Thanks for catching the non-reality thing. I fixed it. Maybe we need a category for "alternative reality." Bonaduce might fit into that.

Jennifer - I hear ya. Maybe they should re-name his new reality show to "Fix Danny Bonaduce." They could have women-who-are-attracted-to-damaged-guys try out and participate in Fix-Danny challenges each week. Or something.

November 06 2008 at 10:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

Oh dear god, NO. I'm flabbergasted Gretchen didn't get out sooner from under that trainwreck. I fear anyone stupid enough to date him.

November 06 2008 at 4:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DanGarion

Funny that he's going to do this show, since he has a girlfriend that he talks about all the time on his radio show...

November 06 2008 at 3:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to DanGarion's comment
DanGarion

Also shouldn't this not be labeled as "reality free". ;)

November 06 2008 at 3:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply