April 20, 2014

Bryan Fuller will return to Heroes (IF Pushing Daisies isn't picked up)

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 7th 2008 3:20PM
HeroesPlease, Pushing Daisies fans, please note that I say IF. I even put it in capital letters!

There was talk that Bryan Fuller would be asked by Tim Kring to return to Heroes after NBC told Kring to let two other producers on the show, Jesse Alexander and Jeph Loeb, go. Now Fuller confirms that he will definitely go back to the show if Pushing Daisies isn't picked up after the 13th episode of the series, which will be completed in January.

Now the bad news for PD fans: even though I used that word IF, it looks like ABC won't pick up the show for a full season or another season. It just isn't getting the ratings to warrant more episodes. It's possible that the network will want to give a full season to the show because it does have its fan base and is a quality show, but don't hold your breath.

Heroes needs a kick in the rear to get some buzz again, and getting Fuller back (he did a lot of the great first season episodes that got us hooked on the show in the first place) would be very cool.

Nikki Dawson

I say cancel Hereos and keep Pushing Daisies!!! No one I know watches Heroes anymore! They all love Pushing Daisies! Just change networks, but don't cancel the best show on television!!!

December 25 2008 at 11:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fancastfan

Hey, Pushing Daisies fans might be interested to know there is an interview that just went up on Fancast with the Executive Producer Bryan Fuller and he says he would be into making a Pushing Daisies movie or comic book and also touches on the possibility of changing networks (like Scrubs did). The interview is at

They are also looking for feedback and comments on whether fans would watch a movie and how you feel about so many plot lines being left unfinished if it is the end.

November 12 2008 at 11:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
maestro610

IF Pushing Daisies is cancelled no one would fault Bryan Fuller returning to Heroes. He helped create the series and wrote some of the best episodes of the series' first season. He would be given an opportunity to save a series in turmoil and is likely the only reason I'd ever watch another episode of Heroes as this show has gone downhill fantastically.

Pushing Daisies on the other hand is only getting better. It's got some of television's best characters and I would happily watch this show for as long as Fuller desires to tell its stories. I can only hope that the show finds an audience in the next few months because I doubt they will give Fuller enough lead time to wrap up all the plot threads. After Dead Like Me's treatment at Showtime and Wonderfalls' at Fox this looks to be the curse of Bryan Fuller brilliant but cancelled.

November 09 2008 at 4:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to maestro610's comment
Jennifer

Well, Fuller's not an idiot. He's gotta get another job lined up. And I suppose this is the best outcome if PD gets canceled, which apparently is gonna happen short of a TV miracle.

But still...sigh. I'd rather have PD on the air.

November 10 2008 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danial

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

November 08 2008 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AJ

what about in the highly likely event that Heroes is also cancelled?

November 08 2008 at 12:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Save PD

Save Pushing Daisies! Please consider signing this petition:

Thanks.

November 07 2008 at 9:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Frank

I won't mind it terribly if Pushing Daisies ends with a conclusion to its various overarching stories.

I can treasure it as the unique little treasure that it was...

November 07 2008 at 7:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
margaret

Pushing Daisies has really been picking up this season in terms of character development. I was worried at first that the shows quirky nature wouldn't be able to sustain itself, but they really have been doing great with the stories so far. I really want this show to have a conclusion, rather than be cut short

November 07 2008 at 6:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blair M

I'd rather have more Daisies, but the world is too stupid to appreciate it apparently.

November 07 2008 at 5:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fred

That's really a shame. I'd hate to see Pushing Daisies go, and Fuller returning to Heroes wouldn't get me to return to the show.

November 07 2008 at 3:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply