December 22, 2014

Another Sex and the City movie in the works

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Nov 8th 2008 4:56PM
Sex and the City
It took years after the series ended for the first Sex and the City movie to get made yet it took only a few months for them to decide to make a second movie. Money talks, eh?

E! reports that Kim Cattrall said the sequel would go into production next summer, and a Warner Bros. Studios representative confirmed that the negotiations with the actresses for the sequel have begun.

The Sex and the City movie earned over $153 million when it was released a few months ago in the U.S. and worldwide. Add to that the revenues from DVD sales and you've found the main reason why the production company is ready to have the four sexy ladies grace the big screen once more.

What should happen in the second movie? Who should return? Put yourself in the writers' shoes and have fun telling us in comments below what you would like to see happen in the sequel. If you want some inspiration, I suggest reading the "What should happen in the Sex and the City sequel?" post on the Entertainment Weekly website where they list interesting ideas from Big losing his fortune due to the current economic crisis to killing off Harry off-screen to put some drama in Charlotte's life.

Let's hope that the show creator and the writers take time to write a good script and not quickly put something together for the sake of making a few bucks.

courtney

quite honestly i LOVE the series. By far the best go to show and movie after a harsh break up. I hope for like sequal after sequal. and like judy said. don't like it? don't go see it.

However, i would love to see Carrie and Big futher their relationship.. maybe a baby on the way!? Possibly throw Aidan back? He is so beautiful in the first place who wouldnt want him to be back?

Anyway, great movie. I watch it religiously. I couldn't find any other show who sums up real life without being reality.

January 09 2009 at 12:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

I'd rather they didn't make a sequel, mainly because it would involve messing up the nicely-finished apple carts left after the current movie.

November 10 2008 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
thatguyizzy

We're all very proud of you for not denigrating what others watch.

November 09 2008 at 6:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Judy

Bring it on and while they're at it, start thinking about numbers 3, 4 and 5. We get little enough entertainment with mature women and men. I bought the DVD and will buy any and all.

You don't like it? Don't go see it. There are very few movies out there that do not appeal to me, but I don't moan and groan about it AND I don't make denigrating remarks about them.

November 09 2008 at 5:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Judy's comment
Judy

that should be "that do appeal to me."

November 09 2008 at 5:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Juni

I loved the series and movie and think that ended it PERFECTLY. Where else can they go, really? As much as I love SATC, I think it should end where it ended with the movie. I hope they don't ruin it!

November 09 2008 at 10:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eric f

Oh god no.

November 09 2008 at 9:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
janice

Oh please, please, please, not another Sex in the City Movie. Please let this die a respectfull death. I loved the series, thought the movie was OK. It's time to put this to bed and keep it there.

November 08 2008 at 7:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
d-man

i doubt MPK will quickly slap together a script. him and SJP know what they got and don't want to ruin it. i liked the first movie a lot but sequel should be raunchier... go R all the way like the series and be funnier like the series. bring back jenn hudson (assuming she's ready to work again) and maybe another young girl to have fun sex stories for carrie to write about.

November 08 2008 at 6:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply