July 31, 2014

NBC gives Life a full season

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 8th 2008 6:03PM
Life"What's this stuff?"
"Some TV show...supposed to be good for ya."
"Did you try it?"
"I'm not gonna try it, you try it."
"I'm not gonna try it."
"Hey, let's get Mikey..."

"Yeah."
"He won't watch it...he hates everything!"

We give a lot of depressing news here at TV Squad. News about shows being canceled, shows put on hiatus, shows delayed, episode orders on shows cut, shows moved to a bad time slot, characters killed off of shows, etc. So it's good when we actually have some good news about a show, especially one that isn't a huge hit.

NBC has given a full season order to Life, the quirky detective show that seems to be on a different night each week. It started the season on Mondays at 10, and we've seen it on both Fridays and Wednesdays. But the Peacock Network seems to have faith in the show and wants a full 22 from Charlie Crews and crew.

This is good news. One, the show isn't a reality show. And two, it's a good show.

Ken Mcfarlane

" Life" Was such a great show that I made sure to buy both season 1&2 in a box set, But to hear it has been axed for good in distressing. Ok , so it didn't sell so well in ratings, but that is because of bad advertising. I Caught episode 3 , 5 & 6 and was hooked after that, But never saw any advertisements for it. I Am certain if the NBC re-released it and promoted it beter they would see a VERY good reason to re-open the files and buy the rights to season 3.

February 06 2011 at 11:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
john

My wife and I really like the show, but if the writers don't end this assinine plot between the Captain and Detective Reese, we are going to quit watching the show.

November 19 2008 at 11:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rtms

Yea I'm so glad it's going to stick around for the whole season. It may seem like all the rest of the police procedural but Charlie Crews is what makes this enjoyable and interesting.

TV and Film Reviews

November 10 2008 at 12:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Boomstick

Oh and we need more Robin Weigert!

November 10 2008 at 10:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Boomstick

Great show! Seeing Ponch in the last ep was hilarious!!! If any of the producers or writers are reading this, they really need to expand on the conspiracy story arc more quickly. The odd little pieces at the end of each episode being used as a epilogue are very slow. I did love the character development of Rachel Seybolt in this episode. That story needs to progess a bit more quickly also. Perhaps a full blown story arc incorporated into the show would really help get this show off the ground?

November 10 2008 at 10:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

I do wish they would pick a spot & leave it for a while. I've missed several because I never know when to catch it.

November 10 2008 at 3:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nattyff

YEY!!! such a good news!!!

November 10 2008 at 12:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bruce

There's no proof that there will be a season 3, just a full 22-episode season 2. But hopefully there will be a Season 3 of Life.

November 09 2008 at 9:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin

You should clarify your statement a bit about Life being moved around. The only move its made is from Fridays at 10 (the Death slot) to Wednesdays at 9 (a solid slot).

It began the season running both Mondays and Fridays to get viewers back and create some steam--both of which it's done very well.

By the way, I think there needs to be a book of Zen from the mind of Charlie Crews. "Can the truth be stupid?"

November 09 2008 at 2:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Creep

Sarah Shahi, yes please.

November 09 2008 at 8:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Creep's comment
Boomstick

I will second and third that!

November 10 2008 at 10:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply