Seventeen random thoughts about TV - VIDEOS
2. Two different TV shows in the past week, one a news program that had an analysis of the election and one a design show, used the phrase "do the math." I don't want to do the math. That's why I got into writing.
3. That new yogurt commercial with Richard Simmons: Not to sound like a jerk, but it doesn't look like he's in good shape anymore. (Not that I usually go around looking at Richard Simmons' shape.)
4. I've seen an incredible increase in stories about sex, hidden household dangers, and retail store ripoffs on my local news. Ah, it's November Sweeps.
5. Why isn't there a reality show for bloggers?
6. It's really hard to find something to watch on Bravo these days. It's so heavy on reality shows. But once in a while you're channel surfing and come across an episode of The West Wing and it makes you happy (and it's an episode from one of the first four seasons - even better).
7. Speaking of Bravo, I'm not a prude, but they really shouldn't repeat Kathy Griffin's standup specials at 7pm. I was watching one of them the other night and she used phrases like "blow j--" and "hand j--" freely and without bleeps. Seriously, at 7pm? I've noticed this with shows in syndication show, most notably Two and a Half Men. Think about the humor in these shows and the time slots they are repeated in. There's a reason why they originally run much later at night.
8. You ever love a TV show, but at the same time you know in your heart that it's going downhill and it makes you a little nervous when a new episode is about to air because you think that this is the episode that might make you start to dislike it? Me too.
9. The web is a magical place. You can actually read a random list of TV thoughts by someone, and right in the middle of it watch an episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show!
10. SNL or The Daily Show should do a sketch about what Sean Hannity and Keith Olbermann were like as kids.
12. If Sarah Palin does get her own talk show, I'd watch it.
13. The Christmas commercials and music have started already. And I love it!
14. Conan O'Brien's walk to do his monologue at the start of his show: the worst 25 seconds on television.
15. I get nervous watching Barbara Walters. I have this fear she's going to bang into a table or fall over and crumble into a million pieces, like David Anders on Heroes a few weeks ago.
16. I have a sister that has never seen even 30 seconds of Seinfeld, The Simpsons, or Friends. I'm not kidding. And she watches TV.
17. And last but not least, Joe Scarborough dropped the F bomb on MSNBC today.