October 31, 2014

Three shows I always DVR but never watch

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 12th 2008 3:04PM
The Sarah Connor ChroniclesFirst of all, is that even the right phrasing? Is DVR also a verb? Is TiVo? Probably not. Maybe it should be "shows I always record but never watch" instead.

Anyway, Entertainment Weekly's PopWatch blog has a post about shows that we have sitting on our DVRs every single week but we never end up watching. I've been thinking about this and I don't really think there are any shows that I currently record but never watch. Every show I want to see I either watch live or watch later. There's nothing on right now that I take the time to record but don't watch. But there were shows in the past where I did this, including Traveler (I finally deleted the last several episodes, knowing I'd never get to them - I just read online what happened in the end) and Angel. The only current show I used to record is The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The first couple of episodes had me but then I lost interest. Now I don't even bother recording it because I know it's just a waste of time (I know, I know, it's a good show, blah, blah).

You must have shows that are still sitting on your DVR, right?

Katie M.

-Gossip Girl- The entire 1st season. Only watched the pilot, then promptly forgot it (kind of a hint not to keep recording it, right?), so I recorded the pilot again when CW repeated it to watch again later with the rest of the season (never did). After the 2nd season premiered, I just gave up and erased the lot-- maybe I'll Netflix it.
-Fringe- All episodes shown so far. I'm a huge LOST and Alias fan but I have yet to watch a single minute of the pilot.
-Ugly Betty-8 ep's. I didn't really like last season, so I haven't been able to bring myself to watch this season.
-Men in Trees- I know, it got cancelled last year, but I have the last 8 episodes still left to watch.
-Terminator-6 ep's. I like this show, but I don't love it. Also, I like to watch several episodes of it at once-- I think it's because I got into it when FOX replayed the 1st season and played an episode each night for 2 weeks.
-Chuck, season 2- I loved season 1, but I have all of season 2 (so far) just sitting there. I would've watched it live from the start, but I like to watch Keith Olbermann at 8pm.
-Supernatural- 11ep's. I love this show, but I can't watch it while I'm eating and it seems like every time I sit down to watch something off the DVR, I'm having dinner, or I've just eaten, so the last 2 episodes of last season and all of this season's episodes remain unwatched.

I know this is slightly off topic, but sometimes I like to hoard certain favorite shows that are really easy to watch so I can watch several episodes back-to-back. I do this with Life, Bones, The Mentalist, and the BBC America show Skins.

November 19 2008 at 1:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Martin

sorry for the double post, but also praying they cancel knight rider also.

November 14 2008 at 10:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Martin

there are a few shows this season i have recorded but havn't wached, and might not...(though some I will when I have time like the first 2

-life on mars
-sanctuary (saw the pilot actually)
-knight rider (the new series)
-crusoe
-my own worst enemy

might be missing another one, but not sure. I will actually probably also watch my own worst enemy. I am preying they cancel knight rider and I will just flat out delete all the episodes..

November 14 2008 at 9:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
iamhoff

Shows that I never got around to watching on the DVR include: True Blood, Knight Rider, Life, 11th Hour.

Shows that are backlogged but I am getting through include: Chuck, NCIS, CSI Miami, The Unit (all the shows that the GF doesn't care for).

Because Time Warner sucks and doesn't upgrade the tuner count on their DVRs (PC TV Tuner is coming), I actually have to record CSI and My Own Worst Enemy on my old VCR. As such, I'm pretty much forced to stay current on those.

November 13 2008 at 3:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robert

I set up season passes but have let Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Heroes pile up. TTSCC was great for the first season but just isn't grabbing me this season. The first couple of episodes of Heroes were incredibly boring and had really stupid plot developments. It felt like a chore to watch and I stopped watching after the bank robbery episode.

November 13 2008 at 11:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LaTissa D

Right now I have the entire season of Fringe on my DVR....and haven't seen a single episode. I keep hearight its the best thing ever, so I can bear to get rid of it.

November 13 2008 at 9:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jf_savoie

1 - T:TSCC
2 - Brothers and Sisters
3 - Numb3rs
4 - got rid of all Life on Mars

the last four of five episodes of each. Keeping them for one of the grey weekends coming.

November 13 2008 at 9:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kim

Other than a few made-for-tv movies, I watch every show that I record within seven days. Then again, I only record shows that I actually like. If I lose interest in a show, I stop recording it.

November 13 2008 at 9:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jake

I got Grey's and Pushing Daisies sitting on my DVR. Grey's because It's not must see for me, and Daisies because I watched the first episode and was underwhelmed and now it's canceled. I am debating if I even want to finish it. I might wait for news whether the last episode provides any closer or not. I got burned on Las Vegas and I am not going to let that happen again.

November 13 2008 at 1:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phish

Bob, i am happy you dont watch or like Terminator tscc. Your choice has always differed from mine, and i dont think much of your posts, attittude, writing style etc..
So thank God for not liking that show, cause if you did like it, i might have to stop watching it.
A geriatric like you should stick to watching CSI.

November 13 2008 at 12:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply