September 17, 2014

First two minutes of Doctor Who available online

by Brad Trechak, posted Nov 15th 2008 3:03PM
Doctor WhoThe BBC broadcast the pre-title sequence (about two minutes) of the Doctor Who Christmas Special slated for Christmas Day 2008 for their Children In Need special on November 14th. It can be viewed here on the BBC website. One word of caution: it can only be viewed from a European IP address, possibly even only a British one.

Fortunately, I have managed to avail myself of those two minutes and I'm already excited about the episode. While I look forward to seeing a new face as the Doctor, it's still a shame that next year is likely David Tennant's last year in the title role.

Based on his brief appearance, David Morrisey could be a potentially good Doctor. However, I am of the opinion that anybody who can have fun with the role can be a good Doctor, since the Doctor can be anybody. I'm very much looking forward to the day after Christmas, when I can download the...uh, I mean hear about the Christmas Special from those who have watched it.

Brad Trechak

The year has been corrected. Thank you, Keith.

November 16 2008 at 10:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Stewart

As far as I'm concerned I would have no problem if David Tennant grabbed hold of the keys to the TARDIS and never let go, as least not for quite a few more seasons. I was hoping he would break the record for most seasons as the Doctor.

November 16 2008 at 1:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Keith

Brad, I believe you meant to say Christmas Day 2008 in the first paragraph.

November 15 2008 at 11:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim

Wish he was staying for one more season under Moffat! It could have been amazing

November 15 2008 at 8:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Stewart

I found it elsewhere at high-resolution, and it was amazing. Not only am I looking forward to seeing the complete special, but now I'm really enjoying each and every second of David Tennant on screen.

November 15 2008 at 4:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply