August 1, 2014

Ask TV Squad: Who was that guy on House last week?

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 16th 2008 2:45PM
John Cusack, Todd LouisoThe answer: Hugh Laurie.

Ha! Just kidding. Actually, the question this week comes from TV Squad reader Toni, who asks "On House, what was the name of the guy who played Stewart Nozick?" She knows him from somewhere but can't think of his name or what show she knows him from (that has happened to all TV viewers at some point, I think).

The actor's name is Todd Louiso, and he's one of those character actors who has been in a little bit of everything over the years, on TV and on the big screen. The first thing I think of when I see Louiso is his role in the John Cusack film High Fidelity (that's him with Cusack in the pic). He played the record store worker that Jack Black was always teasing. He was also in Apollo 13, Snakes on a Plane, Thank You For Smoking, Jerry McGuire, and The Rock.

The TV show that viewers might remember him from is the short-lived Phenom and several episodes of Chicago Hope. He has also made guest appearances on Law and Order, Everwood, Without A Trace, and others.

StillBash

Great. I was like "WTF" when I read this since "High Fidelity" is my favorite movie.

My question to TVS would be:

"Who do you think is currently at a higher point in his carerr? Louiso or "Nacho Libre" Jack Black who had his big break in 'High Fidelity'?"

November 23 2008 at 8:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Europa

Well excuse me. I was a science major not an English one. My point was still made and valid.
(I did a spell check with this post so I hope you won't have any more problems with your incontinence.) :-|

November 18 2008 at 12:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Europa

imdb is FULL OF ERRORS!!! And when you point the errors out to them, with proof mind you, do they correct them promptly. Nooooooo. I don't blame her for seaking the aswer elswhere.

November 17 2008 at 7:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Europa's comment
Rob

"imdb is FULL OF ERRORS!!!"

Funny enough, so is your post:

"seaking"?
"aswer"?
"elswhere"?

I LOL'd so much I nearly pooped my pants.

November 18 2008 at 1:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lucas

Maybe she doesn't have internet. You ever think of that?

November 17 2008 at 12:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Lucas's comment
Stu

She reads tvsquasd.com but dosen't have the internet?

Unrelated but a personal note, I am tired of characters with the name Stuart or Stewart being lame in TV shows it does a disservice to my name.

November 17 2008 at 1:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
leah

Do people really not know how to use imdb?

November 16 2008 at 9:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to leah's comment
BC McKinney

Episode guest cast are not listed in imbd consistently or promptly, and end credits fly by at lightning speed or are compressed into the bottom of the screen to make room for promos. Many times I have been frustrated trying to find out who is playing a guest role only to find no one listed. You can't look up someone whose name you don't know. Even the network websites usually only mention guest roles if the actor is already a recognizable name.

November 17 2008 at 1:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply