April 25, 2014

Oprah's Favorite Things now cost around $2.99

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 22nd 2008 9:47AM
OprahEvery year, Oprah Winfrey has her "Favorite Things" episode around the holidays. This year's edition will air next Wednesday, November 26. This time though, her gift suggestions will be a little more affordable.

Because of the hurting economy, Oprah has decided that her list of favorite things this year will showcase more affordable items, some that cost next to nothing (not sure what exactly "next to nothing" really means). In fact, Oprah is going to unveil one special gift that costs zero dollars. Not sure what she means by that, but I'm guessing that gift will be something like a hug or good thoughts.

Actually, I don't watch many Oprah episodes during the year, but this is one I never miss. I'm not going to buy anyone camcorders or cars, but she usually gives good ideas for affordable gifts.

If I can digress here for a moment, does the little interruption in the above US article tick you off as much as it does me? Why the hell link to "photos of Oprah's fluctuating weight over the years?" I mean, WTF?

Vickiey

I saw Oprah years ago when she was just staring out and she was a big woman then. Her weight dosent matter to me.Whats in her heart does. If I could go see her again that would be a gift in its self and if I was lucky enough to win a 2.99 prize then thats a extra.

November 24 2008 at 2:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Frank

Wouldn't you be INCREDIBLY pissed off if you got tickets to Oprah's favorite things episode this year?

I mean, people a couple of years ago got a CAR!!!

Could she give people some foreclosed houses in suburban Detroit or something?

November 24 2008 at 12:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Whoosh

maybe the people at US are not getting any presents

November 22 2008 at 4:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Georgia

It's become a tradition for my daughter and I to watch Oprah's favorite things show every year. I am glad she will have things the average person can afford, but the lucky people who are in the audience may not agree. Then again, over the years, I've seen people be more excited about some of the simple things than the more expensive things.

US magazine is one of those rags that does whatever sells. Integrity be damned.

November 22 2008 at 3:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JD

Why does everyone insist and use that OLD picture of Oprah, it's 50 lbs ago.

November 22 2008 at 3:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply