What Debbie is thankful for
by Debra McDuffee, posted Nov 22nd 2008 8:00AM
It's that time of year again -- time to shop 'til you drop, bake until you sweat, eat until you bloat, and take stock in what you are thankful for, in your life and of course, on television.
You might think that in this season of less-than-stellar television, it would be hard to find TV-related things to be thankful for; after all, with lackluster new shows and all of your favorites getting canceled left and right, things do seem bleak.
But my glass is half full, and I still garner joy from my nightly boob tube sessions, my TV on DVD collection, and the time I haven't spent watching TV. I am thankful ...
- that I didn't invest too much time in watching My Own Worst Enemy. I know it didn't break any cancellation records, but it sure came close.
- that Dexter has remained as consistently amazing as it has through its nearly three seasons.
- for Kevin McKidd's character, Owen Hunt, on Grey's Anatomy. He's the only reason I am still watching (although Jeffrey Dean Morgan's recent appearances help, too).
- for the snappy one-liners that roll off the tongue of Dr. Gregory House each week.
- for my Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD collection ... all seven seasons.
- that Simon Baker is bigger than life and gracing my screen on The Mentalist.
- that Damages will be coming back in January. I'm ready for a little nail-biting tension.