July 29, 2014

Robin from How I Met Your Mother is pregnant???

by Debra McDuffee, posted Nov 26th 2008 5:02PM
Robin and Stella about to hug at Stella's and Ted's wedding

Man, I've finally sorted through all of my confusion (how embarrassing ... ) about how Lily and Marshall on How I Met Your Mother actually aren't pregnant at all; rather, actress Alyson Hannigan is expecting in real life with her husband, Alexis Denisof of Buffy and Angel fame.

And now, this news comes across my screen? How am I to believe that the writers of How I Met Your Mother actually thought it was a good idea for Lily and Robin to be pregnant at the same time? Nevertheless, it's true, because People Magazine is reporting that Robin is pregnant.

So what's the deal? Is it Barney's baby? Now there's a real twist, and it was all foreshadowed in "Not a Father's Day" with Robin and Barney being so sweet on the sock.... What's that, you say? Robin isn't pregnant? You say Cobie Smulders, the actress who plays Robin, is expecting? I'm sure I can figure this out ...
So Lily isn't pregnant, but Alyson is. And Robin isn't pregnant, but Cobie is. Although Robin might be pregnant, we don't know yet. And even though Lily and Marshall decided they weren't ready to have a baby yet, stranger things have happened.

I guess we really don't know much, do we? I suppose all we can do is offer a hearty congratulations to Cobie (and again to her castmate, Alyson) and wait and see what the writers of How I Met Your Mother have in store for us. Since both women are due in the spring, it could effect the final few episode depending on how early they finish filming.

Lisa

I'm not going to trust this story just because People said so.

November 27 2008 at 6:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DT

This joke wasn't funny the first time...and yet...here it is again. It's just a muddled mess of a blog post.

November 26 2008 at 10:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James

I thought she looked pregnant when she walked out on Craig Ferguson the other night.

November 26 2008 at 8:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to James's comment
StillBash

Ditto.

I guess she'll now get her Green Card much earlier or even citizenship :-)

November 26 2008 at 10:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fred

It's not really *that* confusing. Obviously they could write either pregnancy into the show, but there's no indication they will. They'll mask the pregnancy through blocking and wardrobe. It's not like it hasn't been done before.

I've been listening to the commentary tracks for Seinfeld recently. If the cast hadn't mentioned that Julia Louis-Dreyfus had been pregnant in a particular scene, I'm not sure I'd have noticed. Her character Elaine was never pregnant.

November 26 2008 at 6:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pinwiz

You can already tell that they're masking Alyson on set. It'll be fun to see how they start to mask Cobie as well.

And how does this news explain the goat?

November 26 2008 at 5:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply