October 26, 2014

Disney orders more Hannah Montana

by Brad Trechak, posted Dec 3rd 2008 9:30AM
Miley and MickeyThe Disney Channel has ordered six additional episodes for the third season of their ridiculously successful series Hannah Montana. The series stars teen icon Miley Cyrus in an effort to maximize her exposure before she is sacrificed for the harvest.

This brings the number of total episodes of the season to 30. When does any show get thirty episodes per season? The number I've always understood to be the maximum is 24 (and that's only for a series that is actually called 24). My guess is they're trying to wring as much they can from Miley before she goes to her inevitable solo career. Perhaps Disney should just create a new character for the franchise: Miley Mouse.

As a side note, Disney has also ordered more episodes of The Suite Life on Deck, a series I've never heard of but I'm sure parents of very young children will be sick of before too long.

Bob

(As a parent of children in the appropriate demo...)

I find Hannah Montana fairly "meh," but Suite Life often entertains me.

December 03 2008 at 6:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

Yes... the harvest. *begin weird Latin chanting...*

December 03 2008 at 2:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Monkeydog

Last seasons Office was supposed to have 30 episodes (or at least half hours).

But of course something got in the way of that.

December 03 2008 at 11:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
roger

Get your Hannah Montana Concert tickets before they go through the roof.

HannahMontanasTickets.COM

December 03 2008 at 10:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tristan

This is excellent that we are getting more episodes of Zack and Cody's Suite Life on deck, its very hilarious.

More Hannah Montana is good, I hope she releases another CD for the show before she just gives it up completely though.

Emily Osment is so good as well, I hope she continues as well. *from Hannah Montana*

December 03 2008 at 10:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tobias

Wow...I had no idea. I guess nowadays producers like their microwave seasons. Miley Cyrus is surprisingly funny....but my favorite female kid comedian will always be Amanda Bynes although she was affiliated with nickelodeon. She done quite well for herself.

December 03 2008 at 10:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joanne

All Disney shows used to stop at 65 episodes, but they changed it. Now the shows are limited to three seasons. It looks like they are trying to have all the Hannah Montana they can before it ends.

December 03 2008 at 10:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

Back in the day, TV seasons used to have more episodes. One season of Gilligan's Island had 36 episodes.

December 03 2008 at 9:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply