September 17, 2014

Reaper is finally on the CW's mid-season schedule

by Debra McDuffee, posted Dec 3rd 2008 8:28PM
Ray Wise as the Devil, with the rest of Reaper's castI have to admit, I've been slightly obsessed with checking the mid-season replacement schedule over at The Futon Critic. You see, I've been waiting to find out when one of my favorite shows from last season, Reaper, would be coming back.

Finally, I need wait no more: The CW has finally announced Reaper's timeslot, and it's not half bad. Or, I guess it is half bad, depending on how you look at it.

First things first: it's not on Friday night, which is something I feared because CW's schedule is so wide open on that night. So that's good, right?

I was hoping, though, that it would be paired with Supernatural on Thursdays, since they are having their best ratings season yet. A nice pair, wouldn't you think? Well, CW didn't think so.

Where'd it end up, you ask? Tuesdays at 9:00, right after 90210, in Privileged's timeslot. I guess I can live with that, but it won't be debuting until March 17. Um, happy St. Patrick's Day? I would have preferred Happy New Year, but it's coming back, and I'll take what I can get.

Are you looking forward to Reaper's return as much as I am?

Blue Sunflower

Reaper has 13 episodes in the can for season two. If anyone wants the spoilers for each episode (up to 2x13) they're at Reaper DMV spoilers. Use the password "broken circle". There's also been quite a bit of media out too, which is listed at the DMV too. Filming was temporarily stopped a week or so ago because Bret got hurt, but they went back fairly quickly, and actually should be finished filming for S2 about now.

December 18 2008 at 1:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Blue Sunflower's comment
stg

I think the shows producers should should lobby other networks for next fall. Only a matter of time before CW bites the dust. Smallville and Supernatural are in their last seasons, only thing left for the network would be GG and 90210, which isn't too promising....

December 04 2008 at 4:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Key Rick

Yup! I think the CW execs are sadists; making us wait this excruciatingly long to find out definitely whether the new season of Reaper would EVER air. My Chirstmas wish is that repeats from season one will air as soon as possible after the new year begins so that virgins might catch on to the devilish fun Reaper is and, hopefully, will be

December 04 2008 at 3:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amanda

Completely Elated to read this!!!

I love Reaper & I actually had a nightmare the other night (no lie) that Reaper was on Friday nights cause that's the kiss of death. I am happy that Reaper is remaining in it's timeslot from last year - I have nothing else to watch on Tuesday night except for SVU. This just made my day!!!

December 04 2008 at 2:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kronos

Whew. As time went by without any Reaper news, I got nervous that it was cancelled. I mean, I remember hearing it got renewed but the way shows get axed so quickly I never thought the show was a lock for next season. I'm glad it's back on the schedule.

And while I am glad it's going to be back, did anyone else feel like the last 3 or 4 episodes were missing something? Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed them, but not as much as earlier ones (I'm thinking between eps. 4-10 - I'd have to look at an episode guide to get specific.) Maybe it was around the time they moved into that apartment/condo when it started to get a little flat for me. And with their neighbors, I just got way too much of a Buffy-esque vibe for my liking. Did the writing change? I always forget to take note of that.

Something just didn't *feel* right about them, but like I said, I still enjoyed them so maybe I'm just bipolar when it comes to TV viewing.

December 04 2008 at 12:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Martin

Sorry Phish, this blog only posts on good shows, and when they need some filler they will post on the Greys crap!!! anyways, until its confirmed what does it matter!

December 04 2008 at 7:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phish

this is the worst tv-blog ever! there is HUGE speculation that T.R Knight (george) is gonna be fired off Grey's and no one is posting on it?
it's not confirmed that it is gonna be TR, but the clues are pointing strongly to him, and NO comment by TVsquad?
what a piece of sh*t blog indeed.

December 04 2008 at 3:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Phish's comment
Joel Keller

Phish, you'll be happy to know that we also blogged about that, albeit this morning instead of last night: http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/12/04/which-tv-star-is-about-to-get-axed-and-doesnt-know-it-yet/

December 04 2008 at 11:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GL

Good news. Yes, a pairing with Supernatural would have worked.

December 04 2008 at 2:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Isabelle Carreau

The Futon Critic says that the second season will have 13 episodes. Production on episode 12 has started so it wouldn't surprise me that they have time to shoot episode 13 before sets are closed for the Holiday break.

December 04 2008 at 1:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sww

SO looking forward to it. Why March 17? Paired with Supernatural would've been great, but oh well.

December 04 2008 at 12:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply