November 23, 2014

Knight Rider to ride into the night?

by Brad Trechak, posted Dec 4th 2008 10:27AM
Knight RiderIt's looking like yet another new series is going to quietly fade away. The new Knight Rider show has halted production in what is likely the beginning of the end for the sequel of the 80's series of the same name.

The number of shows ordered by NBC has been ordered has been lowered from 21 to 17. The creators probably won't even have time to change the scripts, so I predict the season (and likely series) finale will end on an awkward note.

This is what happens when you don't have David Hasselhoff as the star of the series that made him famous (well, that and Baywatch). They couldn't even get back William Daniels as the voice of KITT (although you could still buy the GPS). Even a cameo by the Hoff in the television movie pilot couldn't save the series.

So fans of the series (both of you) face the inevitable lack of renewal. While no official announcement has been made, I'm sure the complete series will be available on a DVD set very soon. You'll find it on the shelves pretty close to the Bionic Woman set.

hugeliver

Before we even met the new Goliath too. : (

Fare the well lame ass show. Godspeed indeed.

December 04 2008 at 10:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
csttar63

since LIFE was mentioned above, did anyone think DANNI was HOT AS HELL!!!!!!!!!!!

what a nice piece of eye candy. WOW!!!!!

December 04 2008 at 7:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

I just never got with the Mustang. The unnecessary [turbo boost] computer animation was equally irritating. I quit after 3.

December 04 2008 at 6:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe Siegler

I rather enjoyed it. First off, if you're gonna slag it as cheese, you forget what this is - IT IS KNIGHT RIDER. It's not supposed to be super serious stuff. It's light fluff, although very slick and glossy light fluff. I enjoyed it. The bit in the pre-titles sequence with Kitt is really out there on the credibility scale, but I wish my car could do that.

Am I the only person who liked the original, and liked this? Sure it's not "awesome", but not everything has to be a Lost or a Babylon 5 or something. Some entertainment can be light fluff, which is what this was.

I'll be sad to lose it.

December 04 2008 at 5:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Todd

Well, this makes me sad. My wife and I enjoyed the show. It was just plain fun. A bit over the top? Sure ... but it was supposed to be over the top.

December 04 2008 at 12:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Damiel

This series SUCK!!!
LIFE is the Best NBC Series :)

December 04 2008 at 12:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Damiel's comment
Brent McKee

On a related note, Life had it's best ratings of the season last night... without Knight Rider as a lead-in. Of course it also wasn't up against Criminal Minds, but let's just bask in the glow for a little while.

December 04 2008 at 6:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony

Wow, I didn't see this coming at all. What a shocker!

Now I just need to pick up this DVD set and put it next to my Bionic Woman one in my never-to-be-seen-again DVD cupboard.

December 04 2008 at 12:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joey Geraci

Finally! There is justice in the universe!!

December 04 2008 at 10:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply