July 31, 2014

New Battlestar Galactica webisode, poster now online

by Mike Moody, posted Dec 12th 2008 5:27PM
battlestar galactica season 4.5 poster starbuckPity Felix Gaeta. First, he was almost shot out of an airlock. Then he lost a leg. Now, it looks like he's in for one long, terrible day in "The Face of the Enemy," the 10-part Battlestar Galactia webisode series that premiered today on SciFi.com.

Click through for more, somewhat spoilery, info about the first chapter of "Enemy," written by Jane Espenson and Seamus Kevin Fahey. You'll also find the full webisode schedule and a larger version of the new Season 4.5 poster featuring Starbuck's, er, chest after the jump.

Yes, Gaeta (Alessandro Juliani) has a boyfriend. As we revealed last month, it's Lt. Hoshi from the Pegasus. In the first four-minute installment of the new BSG webisode series, Colonel Tigh orders a bleary-eyed Gaeta to get some R&R on the Zephyr. On his way out, he shares some words and a quick smooch with Hoshi. The surprise in this scene really comes when Hoshi hands Gaeta a pack of "morpha," which I assume is space talk for morphine. Is our put-upon lieutenant an addict? If not, I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes one before these webisodes are over.

This first installment ends with Gaeta's shuttle stranded in dead space after an emergency fleet-wide jump. A quick flash-forward shows a bit of what happens on Gaeta's journey to the Zephyr, and it ain't pretty. As SciFi.com revealed, he'll be caught up in a bloody murder mystery that pits a group of Colonials against Athena (Grace Park) and another Number 8.

Judging by this first taste, "Enemy" is sure to be a tense series, but I wouldn't be surprised if writer Jane Espenson peppers the story with some choice comic moments. I'm really looking forward to watching the next nine installments. Showcasing Juliani is a smart move. He's a great actor who doesn't always get a lot of screen time on BSG. This should help tide fans over until the series returns to Sci Fi Channel on January 23.

Check out the the webisode at SciFi.com. The following chapters will be posted at 12 p.m. (Eastern) on the following days:

Monday, December 15: Chapter 2
Wednesday, December 17: Chapter 3
Monday, December 22: Chapter 4
Wednesday, December 24: Chapter 5
Monday, December 29: Chapter 6
Wednesday, December 31: Chapter 7
Monday, January 5: Chapter 8
Wednesday, January 7: Chapter 9
Monday, January 12: Chapter 10

And here's a better look at that new poster:

Jeanette

Love these webisodes. CANT WAIT for it to begin again, this is the perfect link of web to show for me. Thanks.

January 05 2009 at 8:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim McCleese

Dorv....you old cylon...There you are!

December 13 2008 at 8:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Tim McCleese's comment
Dorv

Really, Tim-1, I have a cold... Maybe you should take a look at my cough earlier to see if you can help.

December 13 2008 at 4:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim McCleese

Ah, the rumblings of Battlestar Galactica doth awaken me from my sleep as I nervously await the return of the finest program in this age's history. The greatest program indeed....for it showcases the most gorgeous, the most talented, and the the most breath-taking lady ever mortal eyes may behold....the sensational GRACE PARK!!!

Also....I am eagerly looking forward to reading the comments of the fans here on tv squad, especially those of my favorites.... Dorv, Akbar, Bsgfan.....all household names in my world at work and home! Yes, these people have developed somewhat of a following of thier own (unbeknowest to them LOL) at the office.

I am not going to fish for spoilers. I have waited long and patient to see this phenomenal series unfold as it comes. No hurry here to see it end. I will stretch every morsel of the scenes of my beloved Sharon and Boomer for as long as possible.

December 12 2008 at 10:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Tim McCleese's comment
Dorv

cough, cough.. www.cliqueclack.com cough cough...

December 13 2008 at 12:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mb

Grace Park is back, baby!

Hotness personified!! Woo!

December 12 2008 at 8:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mb's comment
Argus

You can check Grace out on The Border now... Starting with episode 7 of season 2, she plays a U.S. homeland security agent. Just search for it on SideReel.

December 13 2008 at 12:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Creep

bewbs

December 12 2008 at 7:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joey Geraci

Looks very cool. I don't know why they started today, since if they waited to start on Monday, they could have had the series go through until the Wednesday of the week of the premiere, on that Friday.

Still, I have so been missing BSG, so its nice to get a taste. It's almost like an addiction, and Scifi is going to keep giving little hits until the big score in January!

December 12 2008 at 7:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply