October 23, 2014

True Blood - season two spoilers!

by Jane Boursaw, posted Dec 12th 2008 9:03AM
True Blood season two spoilersI was going to say that HBO's True Blood is one of my favorite new shows this fall, but looking back on the season, I'd have to say it's my favorite, with Fringe as a close second.

HBO continues to churn out some great shows, and True Blood is no exception. Season one will be available on DVD May 12, 2009, with season two premiering that month, as well. I'm not sure how I'll hold out until then!

The vampire thriller earned a Golden Globe nod today for Outstanding Drama Series, and creator Alan Ball (who also helmed Six Feet Under), dropped a few hints about what fans might expect in season two.

His comments contain a few spoilers, so I'll put them after the jump, in case you haven't finished watching season one yet.

In James Hibberd's Live Feed from The Hollywood Reporter, we learn that Jason will go deeper into the Fellowship of the Sun church, and is surprised by what he finds there. There's a new creature in town unlike any other, and it's still unclear as to whether it will be explained in the show. According to this report, it's not a werewolf.

There are also some new romances in store for Tara, Jason and Sara, and Bill and Sookie have a few things to sort out, as well. One of the main ones is having a new teenage vampire living in their house, which can't be easy. Hey, if Eric shifted her back onto Bill, you know she's trouble. Bill and Sookie also travel to Dallas to find one of their own who's gone missing.

Any thoughts on Alan Ball's comments? Are you watching True Blood?

Angela

I just love, love, love the books and I have fallen in love with the show.

I really like Eric (if you read the books, you'll understand....)

January 31 2009 at 7:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
skip

im not telling what happens, but really? you wont watch if lafayette is dead? youre right he is a great character, and actor, but dont you want the show to keep a storyline going? dead or not, im watching every season they make.

and if you havent read the books, i highly recommend it. no, theyre not exact to the show, but you get so much detail, and so much back story, and theyre very well written, and enjoyable. i like that the books and the show differ like they do...i think it kinda keeps you tuned in to each a little more because you dont always know whats going to happen next, even with the knowledge you do have.

great job harris. and great job ball.
ill be tuning in, for sure!

January 02 2009 at 12:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to skip's comment
Eavan

Right on, you took the typing right off my screen. The books are great, the show is great!

** Spoiler**

Lafayette dies, and if you don't want to watch the show just because they MIGHT have him die, you are an idiot. The actor was great, but he was not the entire show.

January 23 2009 at 1:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mariana

Can't wait until the next season! In the mean time I've really started to wonder if Sookie will become a vampire in the up coming season, maybe Bill has to do it becasue a vampire or the new unknown creature is out to get her. Do you guys think it's possible?

January 02 2009 at 12:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony

Haven't read any of the books but I hear from someone who's read them that Lafayette dies...some of these series have been known to divert very much from the books they're based on...if he's dead...well...I don't watch it any more...know what would be fun, if they made him a vampire!

December 25 2008 at 5:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nola

All I wanna know is will Lafayette be back?

December 12 2008 at 6:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Liz

I can't wait til they get to the 3rd season- the 3rd book was my favorite.

December 12 2008 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cheri

Show is okay, not great. I did and will watch it, because it is more interesting than a lot of what is on, even though it is far from perfect.

One thing that was close to perfect was Lafayette. My theory is that he is not dead in the human sense, and has instead been "made" and is a vampire. Clearly, he was attacked by Bill, and I suspect Bill wouldn't leave him for "dead."

Is he in Dallas? Is he the "one of their own?"

December 12 2008 at 4:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
csttar63

i haven't read the book and don't care to, but if the book says Lafayette is dead, they had better change it.

sometimes you have to recognize the talent in the actor, and the actor who plays Lafayette has what you call in the industry "IT". he steals every scene he is in.

i don't know where this guy came from, but based on the commenters above, Lafayette is a keeper.

i will quit watching if he is gone.

any amens??????????

December 12 2008 at 3:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chrisb

These spoilers suck! (pun intended)

We wanna know about Lafayette.

December 12 2008 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jboursaw

Relly - Thanks for catching that 2008! Just changed it.

cdawg - I'm a little worried about Lafayette, too. I haven't read the books, so I'm watching from a purely TV series perspective. I'll be bummed if he's not around, because he's a great character.

December 12 2008 at 12:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply