All Bob wants for Festivus
by Bob Sassone, posted Dec 17th 2008 9:27AM
Every year around this time we all make our Christmas Wish Lists and our general wishes for the new year. There are the big wishes that we have every year: world peace, good health, the hope that Paris Hilton will find that special someone and just settle down already. But we here at TV Squad have some very specific TV-related wishes we want full filled too. Here are mine.
- Matthew Weiner to sign up for another season of Mad Men. The show is coming back for a third season but there might be a slight hitch with signing the show's creator and showrunner. I'm sure that in the end everything will be settled and he'll be back, I'd just like to have it by the end of the year if that's possible. Thanks!
- 30 Rock to ease up on the guest stars.
- The Mentalist to continue what it's doing, with just a few tweaks. So it doesn't get overwhelmed by a formulaic structure.
- TV shows to have theme songs again. One note doesn't count.
- Ed and Private Eye on DVD.
- Obama to declare that each network can only have one reality show on at a time.
- The Star Trek movie to be as good as I hope it will be.
- Lost to somehow continue last season's greatness.
- No strikes, whether it's by actors, writers, or gaffers.
- Oh, and a new scanner. This has nothing to do with television, I just really want one.