October 24, 2014

Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child; world population safe from decline

by Richard Keller, posted Dec 19th 2008 6:04PM

Jordyn-Grace Duggar, number 18, premieres on her own TV special on Monday.Well, we need to thank the Duggar family once again for saving the human race. Michelle Duggar, previous mother of 17 children and current star of TLC's 17 Kids and Counting, has given birth to her 18th child. Lucky for us it's another girl who, many decades from now, will help replenish the population after the ice caps melt.

Jordan-Grace Makiya Duggar entered this world earlier this week, via C-section, at a healthy 7 pounds, 3 ounces. She was due in early January, but the baby's health was at risk due to her being transverse in the womb. Jordan-Grace now joins her seven sisters and 10 brothers (with names all starting with a 'J') in keeping the world population safe after the inevitable alien invasion that will probably wipe half of us out.

By the way, if you can't wait until next year to see the birth of Jordyn-Grace, you'll be happy to know that TLC will be airing a special on the baby's arrival soon. Very soon. As soon as next Monday, actually. 17 Kids and Counting: And Baby Makes 18 will air Monday at 9:00 pm on the network.

jackspratbrat

All the girls were dresses all the time,except for cousin Amy she is in jeans. I think the girls would look nice in jeans. Maybe they could pick one day of the week to wear pants. I think its time for Mr. Duggar to change his hair maybe a crew cut like Mr. Bates, would look nice.

December 10 2011 at 12:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fbkeisler1

The Duggars are great people for having a special family. They know how to shop and Have God in there family. They have talked with my daughter and son in law that have 13. They give great help and know how to raise there family and if more people were like them instead off aborting the children they are inconvinced with, our world would be better off. In the old days people with families helped each other and friends. Now days it is number 1 and the heck with every one else. If we all pulled together and looked out fot each other we would have a much better country. I was not the best mother but I loved my children and tried to make sure they got every thing they need even attention, big families work together and talk things out to make the family work. There should be more families like there's. God Bless them all

December 09 2011 at 12:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KANDI

i happen to love the Duggars. This was apparently the "plan" for Michelle and Her Hubby. They are a nice family. Bless their hearts.!

October 27 2011 at 4:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sierra

I think it is great that people have lots of kids, that it, if they can afford to. Not just money, but time, and energy, and love. And as long as you're not killing yourself in the process of having all those kids, it's fine. I worry about the mother Michelle sometimes, if all of her own health needs are being met, and if she gets enough time to relax without the inevitable stresses of having toddlers and infant(s?)
I definitely congratulate her on their newest addition to their family. It's cool that she's such a selfless person. She's the perfect definition of "mother."

March 03 2009 at 8:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michele

I hear the caucassian race is dwindling, so at least this will help. I hear they get money for a reality show, so at least they are well taken care of. In the olden days, people had alot of kids to work on the farm, and there wasn't alot of birth controll options out there, either. I always wanted more than 2. More power to them. Hope the Mama doesn't develop health problems from having so many.

January 19 2009 at 6:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jmcwilliam35

I have 4 dogs and 16 cats (an animal rescue ) I take very good care of them, but I know that in spite of the time I give them, they could always use more. There is no way that this couple has the time to devote to raising 18 kids ,giving them individual attention as any child deserves. I think that the parents are insane!

January 19 2009 at 5:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
karen

I love the name Jordon

January 02 2009 at 5:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
karen

your new arrival is adorble

January 02 2009 at 5:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jenn

does anyone know the name of the song that plays in the tv commercial advertising the special 17 kids and counting and baby makes 18?

December 22 2008 at 3:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff

Mike

Call me what you like, but they have lost their marbles. As soon as people like them realize that they are not special but merely freak shows, they as well as the rest of us will be better off.

All they do is pump out kids. The wife has been reduced to a baby making machine because of a past traumatic event.

December 21 2008 at 6:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply