October 25, 2014

What will you be watching this New Year's Eve and Day?

by Richard Keller, posted Dec 31st 2008 3:04PM

What are you going to be viewing on this New Year's Eve and Day?Being that we eat, breathe, drink, sleep, pee, poop and vomit television here at TV Squad, we like to gauge the pulse of the community once in awhile. It gives us a chance to see what others are thinking and doing as well as see what the new and continuing trends are. Plus, it fills up some white space on the site. So, the question I am tabling is this: What are you going to be watching this New Year's Eve and Day?

It's a strange time of year for television as viewing selections are all over the map. If you are a lover of college football this is your Christmas as the tube is filled with the antiquated Bowl games that constitute "playoffs." For science fiction fans there's the annual Twilight Zone marathon on Sci Fi Channel. Those who can barely move from the couch for fear of talking on the porcelain phone once again, there's plenty of inane marathons to provide ambiance while you try to sleep it off.

For the rest of you...nada. That's where the good ol' DVR and DVD players come in handy. This would be a perfect time to view all those episodes of Til Death that have been clogging up the recorder. Or, you could start chopping away at the 147 episodes that are contained on The Real Ghostbusters: The Complete Collection 25 DVD set. Then again, you may just want to shun the television for the day and spend time with the family, aglow in the fact that you survived another year. Nah, I didn't think so either.

So, let us hear what you going to or not going to be watching.

Zach

Sopranos box set, NHL (Go Wings!) and periodically checking in on the bowl games.

January 01 2009 at 11:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alicia

I'm TiVoing the Bones marathon on TNT while I watch Torchwood on DVD.

January 01 2009 at 11:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
amy3717

I will be watching the Winter Classic. Hockey rules. Go Hawks!!

December 31 2008 at 6:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

I just scored a couple of free passes to see Quantum of Solace.

December 31 2008 at 6:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna

I have this weird tradition about watching James Cameron's "Titanic" (on DVD) every year for New Year's Eve. The first year I did that was actually the first time I had watched the movie (since I hadn't seen it in the theater), and I had nightmares and woke up feeling a horrible sense of dread. But that doesn't happen these days. Nowadays I just watch it.

Anyway, I start the DVD at 8:45 and it runs until just about midnight. Then I go to bed.

December 31 2008 at 5:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dayna

Hockey and football. Lots and lots of football.

December 31 2008 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

I'll be watching the winter classic. It was fun to watch last year and it's supposed to snow tomorrow!

December 31 2008 at 4:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

The Let's Make A Deal marathon on GSN....yeah. I love watching them for some reason.

December 31 2008 at 4:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
The Deej

Although I won't be home to view it live I have to tape the annual Air Farce New Year's Eve show. It's most important this year as after this show it will no longer be on the CBC. I do hope they at least continue the New Years eve tradition.

December 31 2008 at 4:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chip Douglas

The NHL Winter Classic. Last year it was in Buffalo. This year it is taking place in Wrigley Field. You gotta love old time hockey played outdoors!

December 31 2008 at 3:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply