April 19, 2014

Dear Oprah: Yes! I DO want to reclaim my "best life"!

by Jane Boursaw, posted Jan 4th 2009 11:11AM

Oprah WinfreyI haven't watched Oprah for years, but I'll be tuning in this week and maybe even recording the shows to watch again later. Why? Because she's got a bunch of shows I can really use!

After admitting to the world that her weight has crept back up to 200 lbs. (although if a celebrity says they weigh 200 lbs., really they weigh at least 220 lbs. - trust me on this), she's getting back on that wagon and taking that fat bull by the horns.

Here's the rundown for her "Best Life Week," day by day:

Monday, Jan. 5: Your Weight. To get back on track, Oprah talks about her diet, workout plan, and ways to put yourself back on the priority list. Her workout guy Bob Greene stops by to help us all out of a rut. I just joined a gym, so I'm completely on-board with this one.

Tuesday, Jan. 6: Dr. Oz and the Ultimate Checklist. I'm not always enthralled when Dr. Oz comes on talking about poop and showing pictures of colons, but he's always got some good tips to share and lots to think about. He'll review eight "lifesaving numbers," the tests you need to take, the right foods to eat, and more.

Wednesday, Jan. 7: Finding Your Spiritual Path. I'm doing pretty well in this area, but let's face it, life just loves to throw wrenches into our perfectly planned lives, so who among us can't use a little Life 101 lesson? Oprah talks to experts about how to stay connected and grounded.

Thursday, Jan. 8: Your Money Plan 2009. I can only take so much of today's guest, Suze Orman, but I'll tune in. She'll talk about what to do with your money, when to do it, and how to do it. If she explains how to get a million dollars to fall out of the sky on my head, I'll be really happy.

Friday, Jan. 9: Relationships, Intimacy and Sex. Uh ... hmmm ... I might actually skip this one unless I'm feeling really randy and want to know more about the lessons, treatments and special "tools" they're going to talk about. Hey, you never stop learning, right?!

How about you? Will you tune in to reclaim your "Best Life"? Who's with me?! Come on, let's do this!

freesprited

I caught ur show on wed. I agree

January 09 2009 at 3:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Laura

i wish i would have known about today's, i could've dvr'ed it...anyway - except for orman, i'll be watching this week!

January 05 2009 at 12:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pinwiz

I sense another installment of "Oprah's Vajayjay".

January 04 2009 at 12:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Pinwiz's comment
Rocketboy_X

"My Vajayjay's a painin"

January 04 2009 at 1:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kate

Oprah's the one celebrity who would not lie about her weight. She built her empire based on a unique brand of being open & honest, especially about her weight.

January 04 2009 at 12:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Kate's comment
Curt

Yeah she's honest about her weight, but that's only because she's scamming.

Seriously, every few years she gets fat again and she does shows to help her get thin. And of course the fact that there are Oprah cookbooks and other merchandise has nothing to do with it.

She could stay thin if she wanted, but she'd rather expand this co-dependancy her viewers feel towards her.

January 05 2009 at 1:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MrWeen

Here let me save you 5 hours.

Monday - Eat properly and exercise
Tuesday - Take care of your body and mind. Don't feed your body bad things (ie. drinking, drugs smoking) and your mind bad things (ie. watching propaganda like Oprah)
Wednesday - Believe in yourself 1st and build upon that. Make your own decisions, don't let some imaginary person in the sky do it for you.
Thursday - Don't buy stupid stuff you can't afford.
Friday - Love your partner. Listen to your partner. Remember you are a partnership.

Wow, just imagine what you can do with those 5 hours now. Maybe take some time to learn some things that aren't common sense! What? You're still going to watch the shows?

Didn't doubt it for a second.

January 04 2009 at 11:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to MrWeen's comment
Karen

I agree with you except for number three.

I'd say, live you life consistent with your beliefs, whether that is that only you are in control of your life or whether you believe in the big guy in thy sky. Find you belief system, life your life consistent with your beliefs and stay connected to others with your same belief system.

January 04 2009 at 12:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply