April 18, 2014

Are you ready for 71 new and returning shows?

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 5th 2009 2:31PM
The BachelorSo, the holidays are over and here we are at the beginning of a new year and a return to the TV season. No more Rudolph, no more Miracle on 34th Street, no more Santa comin' to town or anywhere else (I hear the elves don't even get a break in their work - they're already at work today getting ready for Christmas 2009). Now we have to get ready for the return of all of our favorites and some new and returning shows that haven't even come back yet. There's a lot of stuff coming this month.

But I bet you had no idea that there were 71 shows bowing this month. That's right, 71.

This includes all of the shows coming back with new episodes (from Heroes to The Mentalist to 30 Rock to How I Met Your Mother and many more) to favorites that haven't even premiered new eps this season yet (Lost, American Idol, 24, Nip/Tuck, tonight's season premiere of The Bachelor). It also includes new shows like True Beauty (tonight at 10) and Superstars of Dance (which debuted over the weekend).

Sometimes I wonder how the modern TV fan watches so much nowadays. What show are you most looking forward to seeing again?

Nathaniel

I can't wait to see Chuck again. Been Avoiding NBC like the Plague on Monday Nights to make sure I am not counted for any of the crap they are airing in its place.

January 06 2009 at 12:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

You forgot about Scrubs. Not only a new season, but a new network as well.

January 05 2009 at 11:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
toysruskid

AMEN!!!! WWW.SAVE-ELISTONE.COM

January 05 2009 at 8:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C C

I'm eager for the return of 24 and Big Love-probably the two series I think the most highly of currently on television. And I'll be trying to catch the end episodes of Battlestar Galactica.

Monk will be back, which my parents and I faithfully watch whenever it's on.

January 05 2009 at 6:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
xnifex

or just got to http://cliqueclack.com & the link to their post is on the top right.

January 05 2009 at 3:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bashar

Desperate housewives (already aired but still great!), grey's anatomy, lost, scrubs, how i met your mother, worst week, big bang theory, chuck, samantha who, american idol, ugly betty, privileged, gossip girl....

January 05 2009 at 3:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

You know what would be better than a list of fan fav's?? A full list of dates when they return in one post.

That's what I was hoping this was when I clicked on it.

January 05 2009 at 3:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Brian's comment
Scott

Then you'll want to see the PDF that TV Addict has put together to cover January, at least. They promise monthly versions.

January 05 2009 at 3:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply