July 25, 2014

Group sex? Virgin sacrifices? Check out a clip from the Caprica pilot - VIDEO

by Mike Moody, posted Jan 5th 2009 3:37PM
caprica scifiA new clip from the Caprica pilot hit the web today. The clip features Eric Stoltz's Daniel Graystone touring a "Cyber Club," where people go to dance, drink, and offer the occasional virgin sacrifice to the goddess of the underworld. There's also a fight club, group sex rooms, and fantasy killing rituals. Hmm, maybe humanity did deserve to get nuked after all.

SciFi's upcoming Battlestar Galactica prequel is slated to hit the air with a two-hour movie in 2010. Judging by this clip, Ron Moore and crew are ready to go to some very dark places with this series, but only time will tell if BSG fans are ready to follow them.

BSG commented on the ethics, faith, politics and technology of a society struggling to survive after tragedy. Caprica looks to examine how a society deals with radical advances in technology and its influence on the culture. The series has the potential to deliver some great stories and piercing social commentary. Even though we already know the ending – Cylons come, world goes boom – this is one prequel project I'm really looking forward to watching.

Check out the clip below. Are you still looking forward to Caprica?

Casey

Holy moly! Can't wait for this series. I hope they give it a chance and don't cancel it after one season. It has a ton of potential and a great cast.

January 26 2009 at 10:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
derek

I thought this might be pretty bad but after this clip it seems really interesting. If it's the same rehashed story about how bad the humans have become it might get stale but I'm hoping it doesn't get all preachy and corny. I've been impressed with BSG for a long while so I'm thinking they won't fall into any bad traps.

January 07 2009 at 1:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy

I can't wait to see this series, as well, but I wonder if it can survive, even on cable. Sci Fi is not known for nurturing series, and they especially don't like dark and intelligent television. The only reason BSG survived as long as it did was because of the critical acclaim it received.

January 05 2009 at 8:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeanette

Oh yes. Yes yes yes. Eric Stolz... yummy.

January 05 2009 at 8:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Creep

Who's the tour guide? She looks like Kate Mara.

January 05 2009 at 5:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dorv

Frak yes I am... This is looking better and better every day.

January 05 2009 at 4:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ed

oh man I can't wait for this to start. Im glad they're going to dark places, as far as im concerned sci fi cant get dark enough! When it airs i'll be sure to review it on my blog: http://www.dinflux.com

January 05 2009 at 4:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ashley Boyd

A heads up when its available for us non-US residents would be much appreciated :)

(p.s. ruddy Hulu)