April 18, 2014

Dekker dishes on Sarah Connor Chronicles mid-season premiere - VIDEO

by Mike Moody, posted Jan 7th 2009 3:01PM
thomas dekker sarah connor chroniclesThomas Dekker has confirmed that his character, John Connor, will meet a very important family member in the mid-season premiere of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

I'm sure most of you die-hard Terminator fans have already guessed who this family member is. Click through for the answer and a few more minor T:TSCC spoilers that came straight from the savior of humanity himself.

Dekker didn't offer any details, but he revealed that John Connor will meet his pops, Kyle Reese, when the show moves to Fridays on Feb. 13. Originally played by Michael Biehn in the 1984 Terminator movie, Kyle Reese was the future resistance fighter who traveled back in time to save Sarah Connor from the big bad Arniebot. Former General Hospital star Jonathon Jackson (he was the cool Lucky) will return to play Kyle on the show. Jackson has appeared on the show before as Kyle in a few "flashback-to-the-future" scenes, but he's never shared a scene with Dekker. This will mark the first time John Connor and Kyle Reese will meet in the history of the Terminator franchise.

This brings up so many questions, I don't even know where to begin. It sorta seems like the writers are playing fast and loose with the Terminator mythology with all the supposed time paradoxes and alternate realities, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. Somehow, I'm sure it'll all make sense in the end.

So, is this a younger Kyle Reese than we saw in the movie? One who has yet to travel to 1984 and throw down with Arnie? An alternate-reality version? Another cyborg sent to infiltrate John's camp? Make with the theories already, people!

Dekker also confirmed that a character will (probably) die this season. My bet's on Riley (Leven Rambin), even though Dekker says Riley didn't kill herself in the mid-season finale (Boo!). He also said the show will become more serialized and more "science fiction" for the rest of the season (Woo Hoo!). Surely that means we'll get nine awesome new episodes then Fox will immediately cancel it and replace it with something that has the word "Dancing" in the title.

Check out a promo for the Feb. 13 ep:

ShiningPathofLight

"The source article clearly states that John will meet Kyle."

"Dekker: Yeah, I think it does, it definitely, I don't think in the back nine we find anybody coming back. There's just a lot, it really gets interesting with John Henry [Dillahunt] and, uh, my father.
Your father.
Dekker: My father. My real father.
In the future.
Dekker: No.
Present.
Dekker: Yes. And no.
You're killing me now.
Dekker: [Laughs] I'm really sorry. It's a killer. Wait for the first episode. You'll get what I'm saying."

His statement isn't clear whether or not he meets his Dad or not.

January 12 2009 at 12:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dfsd

TD never says that he's actually meeting Kyle in person. He just says "interesting stuff happens"? He also says that no more new people from the future are going to pop up.

I think whoever wrote this article made an incorrect assumption here.

January 09 2009 at 3:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dfsd's comment
TeenWolfie

The source article clearly states that John will meet Kyle. We'll see what happens in February.

January 09 2009 at 3:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael

It is interesting to me that the studios have green lighted not one but TWO Terminator films with no less than Christian Bale starring as John Connor yet all we hear about is how this show is constantly on the bubble and possibly on the way out at FOX? How much built in cross promotion do you NEED guys??? With as much money as the Terminator film franchise has made from the first three films and the first of two additional films set to launch this summer, I would think it would be a no-brainer for FOX to leave this show on the air. The films will drive interested new fans to the show and the show will boost ticket sales between films. How much simpler can it get???

January 08 2009 at 4:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shamon

fox can fix the show i have fate and remain loyal it has alot of promise even can help promote the movie or the other way around plus dollhouse air on the same day as this and nothing really on friday so i bet viewer new and old will look .

January 07 2009 at 9:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bsgfan2003

Thanks for the promo. I do love this show.

January 07 2009 at 7:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

"Surely that means we'll get nine awesome new episodes then Fox will immediately cancel it and replace it with something that has the word "Dancing" in the title."

Truer words have never been written. I'm constantly surprised by how good this show is, and how much it exceeds expectations. Talk about doing a 180 -- here's a show based on a franchise known primarily for big explosions and bigger guns, and yet it manages to be thoughtful and interesting (even profound once in a while, such as the Richard Schiff episode), with a sense of purpose and direction, and a real character study.

So of course Fox will kill it before it's run its course. It is science fiction, after all--and Fox hasn't let an SF series really blossom since "The X-Files."

January 07 2009 at 3:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Scott's comment
Tobias

Kudos on the "dancing"! It's sad but true....I'm with Scott on the show...It's a great character study of both humans and robots (Ellison is probably the most layered and interesting, with the exception of the wheelchair bound guy)
It's an incredibly intricate show...It's true sometimes you're not sure exactly where it's going, but I'm sure it will pay off in the end...At times the show is complete poetry-with guns of course. And I love Ellison's style-Even the bots have style pre-John Henry cromartie was slick as hell...I swear this guy studied robert patrick for the part and then showed him up. I never knew robots could be so nuanced. It'll be exciting to see John meet his dad...I wonder if they'll make plastique together hmmmm....

January 07 2009 at 4:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply