April 16, 2014

We've probably seen the last of Pushing Daisies

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 7th 2009 4:30PM
Pushing DaisiesFor those of you who were expecting to turn on ABC tonight at 8pm and watch one of the last new episodes of Pushing Daisies, don't bother.*

Entertainment Weekly's Michael Ausiello reports that a new episode of Pushing Daisies was indeed supposed to air tonight, but that ABC "pulled it at the last minute." Instead, they're repeating the two episodes of Scrubs that ran ... last night.

Creator and producer Bryan Fuller (now back on Heroes) says the remaining episodes "are not on the schedule right now ... and that's all we know." I guess there's a chance that all or some of the remaining episodes could be shown later, but there's probably an even better chance you'll have to watch them online or in the Pushing Daisies: The Complete Second Season DVD.

*Unless, of course, you love ABC no matter what and want to watch what they do have on tonight: a special 20/20 at 9 and then Barbara Walters' interview with Patrick Swayze.

mark

Tell everyone you know to sign the petition for pushing daisies. We need 60000 mor signature to beat the Family Guy online petiton. We may not get the show back on network TV, but it will show ABC of their stupidity and inspire anoth station or a backer to re-create it. TELLL YOUR FRIENDS and ANY ONE WHO HAS WATCHED IT!

January 24 2009 at 3:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danial

They are Ploppy, son(s) of Ploppy, the jailer(s).

No, in all seriousness, this is sad news. It's a fantastic show and, beyond the fact that they canceled it, beyond the fact that networks are making an active effort in the days following the strike (we're not all that far from it) to keep shows like Knight Rider on the air (because god forbid we should cancel a remake of something that worked 15+ years ago; yes, that is, in fact, what we want, a show about a talking freaking car) to cancel shows that allow their viewers to relate or care about plots or characters (that's not fair, and I understand that, but damn), they can't be pissed to let us even watch through the last few episodes, for some form of closure, showing instead a rerun of THE DAY BEFORE'S TELEVISION of a show that's long past it's prime... well, it's a rant, and an peeved one at that, but it isn't exactly a surprise that people aren't jumping on to new shows, and that people are moving away from television. Well, screw it, there'll be something new on reality tv, right. The Jay Leno Chin Hours. America's Fattest Spoiled Brat. Dancing with Stars Attached to Trapezes. Whatever.
LOOONG story short, it's just sad, and it's not surprising.
And that may just be what makes it sad.

January 09 2009 at 3:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
R-Bro

ABC: Always Be Canceling. Stupid network. I can see pulling a show at the end of a season, but let it run its course! These sudden, mid-season cancellations are just the worst.

January 08 2009 at 12:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PORSCHE

So what were scrubs rerun ratings? and the last PD ratings?

January 08 2009 at 11:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan Chichian

Great so if I want to catch the last episodes I have to put money in ABC's pockets, in effect rewarding them for crappy behavior?

January 08 2009 at 9:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Dan Chichian's comment
segsig

If the network owns the show then don't buy the dvd, rent it or borrow it from the library.

January 08 2009 at 11:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tony

Anyone know the status on the final 3-4 episodes of Dirty Sexy Money? I would assume it's in the same boat as PD. I would like to see some closure on these storylines as is promised in the last episode. Hopefully that will air in the next month rather than having to wait to see it on DVD in August or September.

January 08 2009 at 9:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John D\'arc

Oddly enough, I thought Scrubs was SUPPOSED to be on tonight (Wed), and by chance caught all of it on Tuesday.

January 08 2009 at 3:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
divineparasite

Yes I'm pissed, but a bigwig network screwing over the small but loyal fanbase of one of the few shows they have that was actually unique AND creative? Its happened too many times for me to be surprised by such distastful behavior. :This is me giving ABC the finger:

January 07 2009 at 8:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
segsig

I was thinking of tivoing Scrubs just because I despise nbc, but now I won't watch it on abc either! I want my Pie Hole gang!

January 07 2009 at 7:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kaycee

BULLS**T!!! What do they do to show that don't win three Emmy's???

January 07 2009 at 7:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply