December 28, 2014

Billy Mays gets his own reality show

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 8th 2009 3:01PM
Billy MaysI was going to type this entire post in all caps, the way Billy Mays talks, but I thought that might be a little annoying.

Everyone's favorite informercial pitch man is getting his own reality show on The Discovery Channel. It's called But Wait...There's More, and will follow Mays and Anthony Sullivan as they find new products and pitch them to you.

Discovery also has other new shows coming up, including Out of the Wild, which will have suburban-dwellers trying to rough it in Alaska, and Working on the Edge, a movie spinoff of the popular Deadliest Catch series. You'll follow the adventures of a fishing boat in the Bering Sea.

But wait...there's more! Act now and you'll also get Swamp Blogging, which is about a tree logger. I'm not even sure what the hell blogging has to do with logging. Maybe it's a typo?

If this is a success, maybe we'll see a show with ShamWow guy Vince as a private eye.

madbrad102

If this show goes on I will never, ever watch Discovery again!!!

February 22 2009 at 4:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Preston

Billy Mays is the most annoying pitchman hyping products and what would convince him to get into the reality show business? It's good that it's on cable than on broadcast, because I would turn the channel if he appeared on ABC or something!

January 17 2009 at 8:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bobisimo

Not safe for work, but funny (and applicable to the comments to this post):

If you're curious, it's a photoshop of Vince Offer...

January 10 2009 at 6:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bayportbob

take this for what it might be - a long commercial - besides - billy mays is a tv icon for today like the pocket fisherman was years ago.

this billy may show might be better than deranged women yearning for a bachelor they just met so that they could marry him - come on folks - this is just more mindless cheap to produce tv for the masses - enjoy it before jay leno takes over all of nbc prime time hours because it is cheaper for nbc to do it.

January 09 2009 at 10:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
onedollarwilliam

I'll be willing to watch this show, but only if it airs commercial free. Otherwise, I'll feel a little ripped off.

January 09 2009 at 8:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wild Bill

...an infomercial by any other name is still an infomercial.

January 09 2009 at 1:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tracey

It's a reality show! It's an infomercial!
It's TWO! TWO! TWO shows in ONE!!!

... and I won't be watching either of them.

January 08 2009 at 10:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andrew

I will watch this show because I have a perverse desire to see how the infomercial industry works.

January 08 2009 at 5:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

Let's hope this guy has his 15 minutes and then proceeds to exit the stage QUIETLY.

January 08 2009 at 5:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Franklin

Damn. I might have to stop watching the Discovery Channel!

"You'll love my nuts!", yeah that made me laugh out loud when I saw that commercial. But don't forget he also throws in "Gratey", which makes this a must-have deal.

January 08 2009 at 4:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Franklin's comment
C.A.

I've started calling that guy "Slapchop Gratey" as his name. I think it fits and it's also a good insult to use on your friends.

Hey there, Slapchop Gratey!

January 10 2009 at 10:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply