September 23, 2014

Goodbye Prison Break

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 13th 2009 2:29PM
Prison BreakFOX has canceled Prison Break.

Now, I think that even for hardcore fans this doesn't really come as a shock. I remember when the show premiered, the first question on everyone's mind was, how are they going to make an entire season of a TV show about a prison break? And as the first season went on the questions became, what happens if and when they get out of prison? Will the show end? Will they have to change the name of the show? That last one was actually toyed with but then abandoned.

FOX's Kevin Reilly says that the show has simply "run its course," and this is probably one of the few times that TV fans will agree with a network executive. The remaining episodes will start airing on April 17, but there's no word on how many episodes will be shown, the ones that are already done or if more will be filmed.

Should Prison Break be canceled?
Yes, it overstayed its welcome586 (60.7%)
No way, it could have gone on for years379 (39.3%)

mark

i think its time to end it ive enjoyed every series and after season 3 wondered how they would make 4 and in my opinion it got even better but no way can they make a 5 its best to end a show while its in its prime than to keep going and make it look stupid im hoping they do take down the company though i mean if the company are doin it for good why kill so many people anyway peeps dont be to sad that its ending im sure they will come up with another great series of somthing.

March 10 2009 at 9:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BalticSeo

___________

February 12 2009 at 5:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Charlie

Everyone is out of their mind! Prison Break is the best TV series I've ever watched. My father got me into it one night early in season 2 while I insisted we watch Monday football. After I seen that episode, I went to blockbuster and rented the entire season 1 and watched it without all consecutively not moving from my chair. The truth is that there isn't a show out there that compares to Prison Break. So all you haters can buzz off, and go watch a corny show like 24 of the Unit. Loosers!

January 23 2009 at 10:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rebecca

this is stupid u cant just start something and then not finish it absolutely ridiculous i cant believe it the only thing i watched that was ever good on telly and u fucked it up well congratulations you suck u better finish the story line so i know what it was all about !!!!!! otherwise all the hard work for nothing, what a brill cast .

January 16 2009 at 4:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
divineparasite

Jodi Lynn O' Keefe was on an episode of "Two and a Half Men", a few seasons back, maybe even its first season I'm not sure.

January 14 2009 at 7:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave T

That guy was really bad at breaking out of prison

January 14 2009 at 8:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bruce

About time. I enjoyed Seasons 1 and 2 (one of the best first seasons of any TV show in the past decade), but 3 was horrible and the current season is so ridiculous it makes the other 3 seem plausible! I, like others, only keep watching it because I'm invested 3+ seasons now. But I won't miss it. I just hope they wrap it up in some semi-logical way such that Michael, Lincoln, and Sarah can walk off into the sunset no longer wanted, hunted, and threatened. We don't need to see Michael and Sarah get married, we don't need to see Linc get a huge monetary settlement for being wrongfully incarcerated. I would like to know what Scylla actually is, but I really don't care.

Da... Dum Dahh!

I'm just so horrified (because there's a 99% chance it will happen) that FOX will cancel Terminator: TSCC, a show I really like, which as NOT yet run its course.

January 13 2009 at 10:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Jodi Lyn O'Keefe is the new Ted McGinley.

First Nash Bridges, now Prison Break.

I wonder if someone can get her on Two and a Half Men...

January 13 2009 at 10:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Borat

Thank friggin God. I'm tired of people telling me how good this show is (and yes, I've seen it).

January 13 2009 at 9:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

This season is surprisingly good, but it's time for it to go. Hopefully it ends on a high note.

January 13 2009 at 7:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply