December 19, 2014

Veronica Mars stars to reunite on Party Down

by Mike Moody, posted Jan 13th 2009 5:05PM
party down starzI can't believe I forgot to add Party Down to my recent list of new shows I'm looking forward to. Not only is it produced by Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas, but it also stars several Veronica Mars alums. Ken Marino (Vinnie Van Lowe), Ryan Hansen (Dick Casablancas), Adam Scott (Mr. Rooks), and Jane Lynch (Mrs. Donaldson) have all been cast in lead roles.

I know, I know; I was hoping to see Jason Dohring, Enrico Colantoni or even Kristen Bell on the cast list too. No such luck. But Colantoni is set to guest star in at least one episode, and so is Ed Begley Jr., who played Dean O'Dell in the last season of Veronica Mars. Plus, Thomas said that Bell has expressed interest in appearing on the show.

"She has a gap free at the end [of our shooting schedule], so I think Kristen may appear in the show, which could be really great," Thomas told the Pittsburg Post-Gazette.

There's still no news about Dohring potentially showing up (I guess he's too busy with Washingtonienne), but I'm sure he'd fit right in on this show. Party Down is a comedy that revolves around a group of wannabee actors working the Hollywood catering circuit. It sounds like Kitchen Confidential meets Entourage, but you know, probably a lot funnier.

The show will also star Judd Apatow regular Martin Starr and Lizzy Caplan (True Blood). Paul Rudd, one of my favorite comedic actors, is producing along with Thomas and about half of the Veronica Mars producing team. The show premieres March 20 on STARZ. Will you watch?

Derek

Lizzy Caplan was also on Freaks & Geeks

January 14 2009 at 2:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Beth

Oh wow, great cast.

January 14 2009 at 2:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
leah

Lizzy Caplan from True Blood? I know her from The Class and Mean Girls.

January 14 2009 at 11:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Taylor

This looks really good. Excited to see Martin Starr (aka Bill on Freaks and Geeks) back on TV.

January 14 2009 at 10:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

Wow, I never thought I would say this, but thank goodness I have Starz. I'm looking forward to seeing the show.

January 14 2009 at 4:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
YouFaceTheTick

If we had Starz we would watch it. But alas, no pay cable. If it's on iTunes or Roku we'll get it though.

January 13 2009 at 10:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
YouFaceTheTick

Every time I see Ken Marino I begin to hum "Private Eyes..."

Damn you WB for killing Veronica!

January 13 2009 at 10:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to YouFaceTheTick's comment
Daniel

And here i thought I was the only one.

January 14 2009 at 10:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fsu120

Same here

January 14 2009 at 3:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carissa

Nope. I don't have Starz. Oh well.

January 13 2009 at 6:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joey Geraci

Will it be on Netflix like Crash? I assume so.

January 13 2009 at 6:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
oscar medrano

What about some Wallace love. The last thing I seen him do is that cheerleader orbit gum comerical

January 13 2009 at 5:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to oscar medrano's comment
TeenWolfie

I agree. I loved Wallace and I miss the character and the actor.

January 13 2009 at 10:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply