December 17, 2014

Chevy Chase meets Chuck

by Brad Trechak, posted Jan 15th 2009 12:16PM
Chevy ChaseI haven't seen Chevy Chase on television since his talk show from 1993 bombed. Now it looks like I'm going to.

Chase has been slated to appear in three episodes of Chuck as a technology mogul who is accused by Chuck's father of stealing his ideas. This also marks a return for Chase to NBC, the network which made him famous via Saturday Night Live.

I'm a fan of Chuck and have enjoyed some of Chevy's movies (most notably Fletch and Caddyshack), so I'm looking forward to this appearance.

Chase's career has been on the upswing as of recent. He even made an appearance on the radio show of his nemesis, Howard Stern. He's recently guest-starred on series such as Law & Order and Brothers & Sisters. Now, he'll be guest-starring on a television show that doesn't have an ampersand in the title.

I just wonder if at some point Chuck will turn to Chevy and say "Hello, I'm Chuck Bartowski, and you're not."

Keith Soljacich

Since they haven't revealed on the show that Chuck's father is coming back, that a spoiler...thanks :(

I'd remove it from the first part of the article and move it to after the jump.

January 16 2009 at 10:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

How is Chevy Chase's nemesis Howard Stern... Chevy was at Howards wedding, and gave one of the 3 scheduled Toast that Howard allowed. They are rather good friends it appears...

January 15 2009 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CaptCabana

More important, and perhaps lost in the background of this news....does this mean we're FINALLY going to meet Chuck and Ellie's father? And which government institution will he end up associated with? :)

January 15 2009 at 4:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JimB

It seems Mr. Chase is trying to keep busy these days. I know this won't be of help to most readers of TV Squad, but this brought to mind a story I read a few months ago about him coming to Sweden to be a part of all eight episodes of the third season of a Swedish-language comedy show, Hjälp!, based on the British show Help!. He'll be playing a foreign correspondent based in Sweden (which should hopefully excuse him from butchering the Swedish language, at least as his primary language in the series). The show is airing this spring on TV4.

More at: http://www.thelocal.se/15534/20081107/

January 15 2009 at 3:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
luis

he is great

January 15 2009 at 2:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
luis

chevy chase rules
User luisrdz signature

January 15 2009 at 2:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Josh

The gang behind Chuck loves the 80's as it shows through its musical selections and cultural referencing. I love it. And now the show turns to an 80's star of comedy. Stuff like Rush's Tom Sawyer, the Gravitron, Missile Command, Huey Lewis & the News, Die Hard, Laroquette from Night Court, Back to the Future and so much more, is being joined by Ty Webb/Fletch/Clark Griswold. I look forward to every episode of Chuck regardless of casting, but this could be something special.

I'm waiting for some kind of Ghostbusters tribute.

January 15 2009 at 2:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
10VD

Now if only they's give him the name Austin Fitz-Hume, it'd be great

January 15 2009 at 2:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to 10VD's comment
Franklin

Nice amalgam of names from a movie I loved, but very nearly forgot about.

I know it's not up for a vote, but if it were I'd vote for John Cocktoasten!

January 15 2009 at 2:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
burningchrom3

meh.

January 15 2009 at 2:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pich313

Chevy Chase actually did a Law and Order episode for NBC a few years back.

January 15 2009 at 12:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply