October 23, 2014

Eli Stone, Pushing Daisies, and Dirty Sexy Money coming back this summer

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 16th 2009 7:03PM
Pushing Daisies

I should point out that when I say "coming back this summer" in the headline I mean that ABC is bringing them back to burn off the remaining episodes that haven't aired yet. That's right, six months from now is the earliest you'll see any of these shows return. They could even come back later.

Pushing Daisies has three episodes left, while Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Money each have four. Fans of these shows might not like this, but the truth is, the shows that have been in the time slots for these shows have actually done better in the ratings.

In an earlier post, a TV Squad reader mentioned that Bryan Fuller should take Lee with him over to Heroes. After all, he has a "power" too, right? I think that would be a funny, cool addition, though Heroes is a much darker show. Hey, if Lou Grant can go from The Mary Tyler Moore Show to Lou Grant, why not?

Will you watch when these shows come back?
Yes, I'm a fan and I'll definitely watch1964 (98.1%)
No way. Six months is too long to wait38 (1.9%)

chipramsey

Maybe they have a few extra episodes of "Boston Legal" they could run as well.

April 09 2009 at 11:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
andrea

after the las episode of Dirty Sexy Money it couldn't finish like that....

i'm counting the days till it comes back
thanks 4 the post!

April 04 2009 at 3:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gina

I am so sick of ABC and their constant cancelling of good shows. The lesson is: Don't get involved in anything on ABC because chances are it will be cancelled. Well, I have had it. October Road, The Nine, Dirty Sexy Money, Eli Stone-all shows I loved and enjoyed every week-gone. I am done with ABC and their trashy reality shows. And who isn't sick of Grey's Anatomy. I am going more and more to cable for quality programming and a chance to watch a show that might actually last more than a year.

March 06 2009 at 8:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

Any chance that if the ratings rock for the past 4 episodes that they will continue the show? Or are they just going to wrap it up?

Maybe every fan of the show should go buy a crappy George Michael tape and send it to ABC execs. Fans of Roswell sent cases of Tabasco sauce when it was cancelled and resurrected the show for another season...

Gotta have faith.

February 22 2009 at 5:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul

Eli Stone is one of the very few shows I do watch. Reminds me a little of Quantum Leap. Lawyer show with a sci-fi twist. My question, where do the ratings come from, I have never been nor know anyone who has been a Neilson family? How long does anybody think it will take the networks (and advertiszers) too realize many (maybe most) use the DVR to record and watch at their leizure? Which means the commercials are skipped over so an hour show takes about 45 minutes to watch. Oh well one less good show to watch on TV, put me down as another who DOESN'T WATCH THE REALITY TV CRAP!

February 06 2009 at 8:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda

ABC was totally wrong when they decided not to renew Eil Stone. My husband and I enjoy this show! We are so tired of "reality" shows. The networks really have to start listening to the viewers and stop gearing everything to the 20 to 30 crowd.

January 31 2009 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SLC STONE FAN

My wife and I rarely watch TV but was totally hooked on Eli Stone, the ONLY show we watch. Then I got our 22 year old daughter to start watching it with us, because we thought it had great lessons in life disguised as a show. After several shows, she thought the same. Now all that is gone. In it's place is a RIDICULOUS, TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE shame of a show called What Would You Do or something stupid like that.
However, I am really not mad at the network. They are just showing the shows that bring in the most ratings. What concerns me is the population is the one picking the shows. People, this is the "CHANGE" Obama is talking about. Stop watching STUPID shows, and if you don't know the difference, put on a video.

January 27 2009 at 11:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
zike

I understand that low share audiences will force to not continue with the project. Money and market ... But why do not offer the episodes already recorded ?

Anyway I think that all the people, as me, that enjoy ELI STONE must be freakies or weird persons.
I feel depresed that most people preferred gossip or reality shows.
Good legal arguments, human feelings, positive thinking, such good behaviours like help to others... Those are things that do not have much interest on TV.
And I think that the other face of TV is much the future... as predicted in Ray Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451"
Please Obaba, tell something to ABC !
From Spain: Zike.

January 22 2009 at 12:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MAKB

Last year ABC said they would show the remaining episodes of 'The Nine' also and they reneged on that in the end. And they didn't show them on the web for long either. I have no faith they will air the remaining episodes as suggested here.

January 20 2009 at 12:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

I am not surprised to see the ratings go up for the same time slots. People who like reality TV have no taste and apparently nothing better to do than waste every second of their lives filling up on more. The people who used to watch those time slots on ABC are off doing something else. ABC has lost a segment of intelligent viewers who would rather turn off the TV than watch this stuff. If that 's who the networks want to entertain, let them. If I can't watch what I want to see, Eli Stone, I won't be watching anything.

January 20 2009 at 9:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply