December 22, 2014

Where have you been watching today's inaugural coverage?

by Richard Keller, posted Jan 20th 2009 12:01PM

Where are you watching the Inauguration Day ceremonies?By the time you read this the most important part of today's inaugural shebang will be over and the pomp and circumstance will be in full swing. Being such an important event for both America and the world, second only to the season finales of American Idol, every single media outlet known to man is covering every single minute of the day. Heck, I hear Spice is even covering this with a bunch of naked women correspondents in the crowd at the Mall (NOTE: That's a joke. Do not rampage around the area looking for these naked women.)

Because there are so many places to watch these festivities I would like to know where you are watching them from and who, if anyone, you are viewing them with. Myself, I'm dividing my time watching it on television with my wife and 2-year-old twins and via Internet (CBS.com) as I work from home. I know that my compatriots at the office are watching it via laptop hookup on the video conference screen.

So, let us know. And, if you're watching the ceremonies on one of the big Jumbotrons in Washington DC we'd like to hear from you.

Taz

Watched it in my office in Toronto, via Canada's Global TV stream (thank you, Global!). Amazing stuff.

January 21 2009 at 2:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SadOldMan

What a painful exercise in excess. Was this an inauguration or a coronation?
And the horribly inappropriate booing of outgoing President Bush? Shameful. A dark day in the history of America.

January 21 2009 at 8:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna

I was at work, and we listened to the inaugeration and Obama's speech on the radio, but that's the extent of it for me today (aside from hearing it on all the news after I got home from work).

January 20 2009 at 8:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joanna

Slingbox at work. No skipping, freezing, clear video and audio! Also could re-wind parts I liked!

January 20 2009 at 7:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

I did Hulu, which froze up, cut in and out, and eventually had the sound playing 3 minutes ahead of the video. But every other site was outright crashed, so....

January 20 2009 at 6:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

Professor had cspan on in my geography class. Now at home watching MSNBC

January 20 2009 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kmuschal

Watched it from my chemotherapy room in the company of other women who were also receiving chemo. It was an uplifting moment!

January 20 2009 at 4:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Xusen

Watched it on BBC HD channel here in London at home, it was least cluttered feed, no logos or tickers and minimal voice over.

January 20 2009 at 2:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Viv

I watched it on NBC from the comforts of my home.

January 20 2009 at 2:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patricia

I work for a hi tech media company so they had it on in the cafeteria on a large screen TV but it was also on in the lobby projected in HD on a huge screen. This is in Montreal and I was surprised at how packed the lobby was for this and the amount of clapping and cheering during the broadcast.

January 20 2009 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply