October 25, 2014

The Doctor and Martha, together again

by Brad Trechak, posted Jan 28th 2009 11:03AM
Freeman AgyemanFreema Agyeman will be taking one more trip in the TARDIS. Her Martha Jones character has been scheduled to appear in one of the forthcoming Doctor Who specials. Keep in mind that the source of this news is The Sun, so it should be taken with a grain of salt until there is an official BBC announcement.

My guess is they'll be wrapping up the character, who was supposed to be a regular cast member of Torchwood, but suddenly wasn't due to the fact that Freema moved on to other projects such as the remake of Survivors. I'm sure the fact that Torchwood season three was changed to a five episode story-arc rather than a full season didn't help. Russell T. Davies will have to explain story-wise why Martha ended up somewhere else.

In other Doctor Who news: the New York Comic Con guests will include Colin Baker (the sixth Doctor). Also, there will be a Torchwood panel with Eve Myles.and episode director Euros Lyn.

tom2ytx

Any idea when the latest Christmas special will be aired in the States?

January 28 2009 at 3:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Avi

I would imagine she'll appear in the final special. If you don't know why and want to be spoiled read some of the previous Who posts.

January 28 2009 at 2:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Franklin

This is very good news. I only wish she was still going to be a Torchwood regular.

January 28 2009 at 12:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

Yeah I was hoping she'll end up in Torchwood, but Martha in Doctor Who again with Tennant? Be still my heart.

Love Rose. Love Donna. But I'm head over heels in love with Martha. So to see her and Tennant together again (for the last time) will be quite nice.

January 28 2009 at 11:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anita

Yay! I'm glad. I loved the doctor and Martha together (despite her random crush). However, I'm upset that Martha won't be on Torchwood. In a way it's good as it'll force them to tie up loose ends, but Torchwood is a show that I felt could've continued for awhile. Also, I thought she was going to star in L & O: London -

January 28 2009 at 11:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply