September 19, 2014

Cera will be in the Arrested movie, even if Tambor has to drag him to the set

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 29th 2009 3:37PM
TamborJeffrey Tambor guarantees that Michael Cera will be in the Arrested Development movie.

That's what Tambor said at a recent Uprights Citizens Brigade show. He says that even if he has to call Cera up on the phone and order him to be on the set, Cera will definitely be in the big-screen version of the TV show. I can picture Tambor going to Cera's house, grabbing him by the ear and dragging him to his car to go to the set. And then Cera would be blindfolded and handcuffed to the car door, and if he tries to get out, two bodyguards will punch him in the gut and tell him to shut up. Then they'll get to the set and Cera will be kept in a cage when he's not filming scenes for the movie, fed scraps of food like bagels and Pringles (Sour Cream and Onion flavored).

Sorry, the scenario got out of hand there for a moment.

I also have no doubt Cera will be in the movie. Of course, I never thought there would even be a theatrical Arrested Development, so I'm not exactly Kreskin when it comes to this stuff.

Galley

I love AD as much as the next guy, but I don't know how I feel about a theatrical film. Those always suck ("Serenity" being the only exception).

January 30 2009 at 8:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Galley's comment
Scott

Serenity is the "only" exception? I guess you've never seen "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan". Admittedly, not the first try, but better than 80% of the TV series, easily.

January 30 2009 at 9:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
YouFaceTheTick

Hopefully they'll never get funding for this monstrosity. AD was an awesome TV show. It is not movie material.

January 29 2009 at 11:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

I wish Tambor could actually do this. I still can't get over Cera's gall. A couple of popular movies and suddenly he's the only holdout in a cast of INFINITELY more accomplished and experienced actors! He deserves to be replaced if he keeps up this crap much longer. In fact, that would fit pretty well into the whole absurdist "AD" environment: suddenly George Michael is played by a big, obnoxious football player-like teenager. Or, better yet, have the cast continually refer to George Michael being away, hinting at awful things he's done and why he's not welcome at home anymore.

January 29 2009 at 10:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim

CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!!

Seriously, the only film in the horizon I'm interested in, and I know it's the same for another 15 or so close friends, and I'm sure most of it will see us twice.

Assuming it gets mega-reviews and good pre-publicity, I can see this having a surprisingly high gross

January 29 2009 at 7:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin McGuirk

Michael Cera is not against doing an AD movie, he is against doing any movie without a script. Michael Cera has not yet read a script and will not commit to a movie until the script is done.

January 29 2009 at 7:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Justin McGuirk's comment
Ben Reich

All you need is to have the characters walk across the ocean.

January 30 2009 at 2:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

You go, Jeffrey. Haul his butt in!

January 29 2009 at 6:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
J.

Hey Now!!!

January 29 2009 at 5:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alvaro

I had pop pop in my house

January 29 2009 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Alvaro's comment
Baker

The very fact you call it that tells me you're not ready...

January 29 2009 at 7:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply