September 18, 2014

New TV on DVD releases this week

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 2nd 2009 6:00PM
BewitchedHere are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.

I don't know why I haven't bought any of the Bewitched sets yet. It's one of my favorite sitcoms, but I think it has gotten so far into the releases (this week it's season 7) that I've convinced myself that there will be a complete series set and that I should wait for it. But I'm tempted to buy this set because it features an entire episode set and filmed in my hometown!

As for the Columbo movie set, well, I have to buy that now because I just bought the entire series on DVD.

• Afro Samurai - Resurrection (regular set and special editions)
  • Becker - Season 2
  • Bewitched - Season 7
  • Columbo - Mystery Movie Collection: 1990
  • Dave's World - Season 2
  • Mystery Science Theater 3000 - Vol. 14
  • Night Court - Season 2
  • The Partridge Family - Season 4
  • Tom and Jerry Tales - Vol. 6

Kristie

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE release "who's the boss" season 2. Such a tease releasing season one with out any more. If not make it so you can still buy it as a special order or something. Please!!!!

May 02 2009 at 3:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kharkovapartments

The best Bewitched is still with Nicole kidman!

February 11 2009 at 6:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SadOldMan

"Daves World"? With Shadoe Stevens? Now that was some good stuff. I'm going to have start picking up bottles to return by the highway,, because my wife will never give me money to buy this. I didn't even know Season 1 was available!
Now if only the original "ER", the comedy one with Conchatta Ferrell was out....

February 03 2009 at 9:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RobynM

I've been buying Bewitched one season at a time too - wanted to make sure I got the first two seasons in the original Black & White.

Out of this week's offerings, Night Court season 2 is also on my to-get list.

February 02 2009 at 8:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zach

Am I the only one who wants the rest of Growing Pains and Who's the Boss sets released? I know the 1st seasons didn't do so well, but the rest of the seasons for both shows were great. And I mean great. Such a shame it looks like we might never get them.

February 02 2009 at 7:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim McCleese

Yes, I should have followed that plan with "Bewitched", but I have already bought the other seasons, so I may as well buy them as they come now. The trouble with waiting to purchase entire series as a whole, is there is just no guarantee they will be sold that way. Oh well.

February 02 2009 at 7:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply