April 19, 2014

Fantastic Dollhouse/Terminator promo - VIDEO

by Brad Trechak, posted Feb 4th 2009 10:02AM
DollhouseI officially take back some of the things I've said about the lack of promotion of Fox's new Friday night sci-fi line-up. They've released a new promo that takes a page from the grindhouse age of cinema and made a very cool trailer for both Dollhouse and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, even go so far as billing the shows as a double-feature.

Granted, this does not mean that the shows are going to win in the ratings (which is unlikely due to their schedule placement), but it does at least appear that Fox is more aware of its target audience. This is a point Joss Whedon has made in a couple of interviews.

Maybe I'm wrong and Friday nights will turn into a big winner for both shows. Whatever the case, I hope this promo is included in one of the DVD sets when they're released, preferably Dollhouse.

The commercial is after the jump...

C. Hernandez

So, am I the only one who thinks the promo kind of sucks, then?

February 06 2009 at 10:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
StillBash

God that's just what I needed. More competition for FNL. Dammit.

Very cool ad. Who would've thought Fox is capable of intelligent promotion. Eery.

February 05 2009 at 12:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diego M

man i can't wait for friday, well i can and i'll probably wach these shows live.

i have been waiting for TSCC for almost two months, if these are the last nine we'll ever see i want them to be awesome, and dollhouse looks great, Dushku is HOT! i would love to see a terminator dollshouse cross over where they both fight each other in a pool... ok back to reality.

i wanna give dollhouse a chance it does sound like a great creative syle of show.

February 04 2009 at 4:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Liz

I'm really excited about this. I don't watch anything on Fridays at the moment and I think these two shows will be great together!

February 04 2009 at 3:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
apronk

I want this show to be good, because it seems cool.

However I also kind of want it to suck because I don't have much time to watch tv as it is. :(

February 04 2009 at 2:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Liz

That's definitely thinking out of the box. I haven't seen Dollhouse, but I loved the new Terminator show. Just hope I'll be able to watch it when I go back to Tunisia (http://www.tunisia.com)

February 04 2009 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
divineparasite

What they should also do is paint it as two ladies Whedon put on the map are "back-to-back" and "together for the first time". That would REALLY get those fanboys to watch. LoL Galu. Dushku. SO good alone. So bad together. I know I should work at Fox.

February 04 2009 at 1:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eric f

So much for your "Friday night is where shows go to die theory".

I am upset, because even with my dual tuner Tivo I won't be able to watch all the shows I want on Friday!!!! It's turned into one of the best nights on TV.

Friday Night Lights, Flashpoint, Battlestar Galactica, and now Terminator and Dollhouse?

Way to go, network programming genius'!

February 04 2009 at 12:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steve

I think Dollhouse would do great after Fringe on Tuesdays, they are similar types of shows and the audience would carry over pretty well i think.

February 04 2009 at 11:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Martin

Yeah I saw the cool Sexploitation ads on FX during Nip/Tuck last night. Very cool ads, but really strays from how the shows really are (well at least Sarah Connor).. Wonder how that is going to work out for people who don't know what the shows are, or found out how it really isn't like that..
Not saying it will hurt, could turn out great, especially since they are trying to grab their target audience, just find it interesting...

February 04 2009 at 11:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply