October 30, 2014

Which of the Heroes is going to die at the end of the season?

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 4th 2009 3:04PM
Heroes cast
One of the Heroes is going to die this season. And not just one of the disposable ones that aren't important to the plot, but one of the main characters.

That's the news being reported by TV Guide and others. So which one will it be? There are even rumors going around that both Ali Larter and Hayden Panettiere want to leave the show, so they are both possibilities. Here's a quick analysis on each main character. Let's see if we can narrow down who could be the hero to kick the bucket (and I'm assuming it's really kick the bucket, not Heroes kick the bucket where they could still come back to life).

Ali Larter. She could be the one to go, since they have already gotten rid of a couple of the characters that Larter has played, getting rid of her altogether could be the way to go. She has never been a fan favorite (though I've always liked her), and her son Micah isn't on the show anymore (unless Nikki survived that explosion...).
so there's no big reason to keep her on board. Tracy is a major character, but a major character that's kinda on the fringe of things. So Larter could be the one to go.

Hayden Panettiere. The first two seasons, Claire was really important ("save the cheerleader," etc), but they could have Claire's blood or antibodies save the world and Claire dies in HRG's arms.

Adrian Pasdar. He's turned evil this season, so maybe he'll be the one to die. After he changes his ways and saves the other heroes at the last moment in a heroic gesture, of course.

Zachary Quinto. Hey, he's Spock in the new Star Trek flick, so maybe he wants to switch to the movies. Maybe Sylar will die at the end of this season and we'll have a new character as the bad killer next season.

Milo Ventimiglia. Peter could also save the other heroes at the last minute and then die a big savior. But Peter is one of the major major characters of Heroes, so that would be a big loss.

Greg Grunberg. Matt is a possibility I guess. But Matt seems to be one of the keys to whatever the mystery is this season, and I just don't see Grunberg leaving the show.

Jack Coleman. HRG is bad, then he's good, then he's good/bad, and now he's bad/good (probably). I don't see Coleman ever leaving the show. The character is a good link between all of the various characters, good and bad, and this is a good gig for Coleman.

Sendhil Ramamurthy. If we're trying to analyze this simply by the characters, then Suresh could easily go. He's been the narrator on the show since the start, but they could always get another (or have no narrator at all, there have been plenty of episodes without one). And with what happened to Suresh the first half of this season, I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to leave the show or writers thought they have gone as far as they can with the character. I'd like to see him stick around. Just strip his powers away and have him be a normal guy trying to figure everything out again.

Masi Oka. Hiro is too cute to die.

I guess it's always possible that when the rumors say a "major" character dies they're referring to characters that really aren't major, like Angela or The Haitian. We'll have to wait until the end of the season I guess. And by "end of the season" I mean a few weeks before the end of the season when the news leaks.

devil1286

its either going to be nathan or ando

April 08 2009 at 7:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KingEarth

Well, I'm sorry to say that Ali won't be leaving for a while. She has Barbara yet to play (unless she's already dead) and she's a good character. I've always loved her characters. I personally think that her being Niki/Jessica was better but still good. If anyone needs to leave it needs to be: Matt, Mohinder, and Ando.

February 12 2009 at 4:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dullday

most likely Ali is going to die but I'd like to see Nathan be killed by Sylar. Really if the writers want more viewers, they shouldn't be telling you someone's going to die, they should just give Hiro his power back, and at least make it so that Peter steals powers like his dad, even if he can only have one at a time

February 10 2009 at 12:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

As long as it's not Angela it's cool with me. Angela is sooo badass, I have like an unhealthy love for her character. I couldn't watch a no-Angela Heroes, she's all that keeps me watching (see what I mean by unhealthy?).

February 07 2009 at 2:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Biahope

If someone has to die, plleeeaassee let it be Claire or Parkman, just don't take Peter Petrelli nor Sylar away, they are the best characters! (even though peter has started to annoy me a bit lately, becouse his just to nice! I mean, seriously, his a paremedic now? A paremedic with super powers? 'oooh, I'm gonna save people who i don't even know, i'm gonna be so nice!' .... but he is still to hot to die!)

February 06 2009 at 5:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

In a perfect world: Dead Peter, Dead Claire, Dead Sylar, Dead Mohinder.

February 05 2009 at 11:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Howard

Who cares? It's not like dying means anything on this show anyway. How many important characters have already died? Quite a few. Even if someone leaves the show, there's always a possibility of coming back when their new show/movie career fails.

February 05 2009 at 11:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Courtney

I'm tired of Sylar, so he'd be my first choice. Which is hard to say, since I despise Suresh. So I'd be happy with either one. I'm just tired of Sylar. The whole "Sylar as the big bad" is overdone. He should have been gone after season 1. But then again, Parkman is the sympathetic kill: new relationship, teddy-bear-like guy. And plus if you consider that every future-seeing artist has died so far, he fits the bill. But what about Ando? Could he die?

February 05 2009 at 10:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phish

they should do a reboot and kill off everyone, including the writers in real life!

February 05 2009 at 1:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
YouFaceTheTick

Nobody. The producers never have the 'nads to kill off anyone. The whole show is bad because of it. A paucity of villains has always made the show weak. And the fact that there's no gray area with the characters is annoying...

February 05 2009 at 1:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply