November 21, 2014

Will Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J star in an NCIS spinoff?

by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 6th 2009 3:09PM
ncisThis is what I call thinking out of the box. Instead of simply replicating NCIS, the producers seem to be envisioning a completely different show. Reports claim that the CBS spinoff of NCIS may star Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J.

Could you find two more different actors to pair in a procedural? (Okay, Ice-T and Richard Belzer on Law & Order: SVU aren't a typical teaming either, but at that's supposedly a New York police squad.)

Anyway, it's still in the talking stages, but it's exciting nonetheless. O'Donnell, best known for playing Robin in two Batman movies, being Al Pacino's young charge in Scent of a Woman, and more recently hunked it up as Dr. Finn Dandridge on Grey's Anatomy, would be playing an investigator for the Navy who's a master of disguise. Apparently, he can fake out everyone around him.

LL's character in the NCIS spinoff would be a former Navy SEAL. The rapper-turned actor starred in the feature Krush Groove and had a successful sitcom called In the House. He's also been all over the dial in episodic TV including House and 30 Rock.

According to Nina Tassler, CBS Entertainment prez, in the same way that NCIS began as an episode of JAG, this new show will be back-door piloted via an NCIS episode later this season. In doing it that way, the pilot will be practically guaranteed a huge audience sampling the product because NCIS has been in the Nielsen top five all season long.

Fanatic NCIS Fan

WTF?! A some dude who goes around in "real life" being the "master" of disquises; get real!!! Other than a show about a bunch of investigators that crack big investigations week in and week out compared to the real world of long hours, hard work, and very little to show in the so-called "big" cases of espionage and what not; this is just yet another one of a long line of "EXTREME" shows with super mental abilities, ESP, super "hero" powers, and so forth and so on... and I am tired of such baloney shows. NCIS is a fun loving show more about the bonds between PEOPLE than the BS about super powers and super abilities to sniff TNT from a million miles away or to read minds or something!!!

May 01 2009 at 4:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michele

I stopped watching CBS a few years ago and it was NCIS that brought me back to the network. I would enjoy seeing a spin-off of the series, but please don't cancel NCIS.

May 01 2009 at 12:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Roe

NCIS is my favorite series. The characters are unique and interesting. The team has dynamics like no other; tense with a feel good presence. The success of the show is the combination of the scripts and the characters. It saddens me to think that in this financially tough and depressing environment, my favorite "look forward" to show will no longer exist. Thanks guys! Another nail in our coffin.

May 01 2009 at 12:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ardella

NCIS is the best show on TV, it's clean cut and the actor's on there make a good team. No other show could replace it. Please keep it on the air. Thank you!

May 01 2009 at 12:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robert

NCIS in it current cast and story lines are great, and should not be cancelled for another format or cast. I watch every episode daily, can't believe its being cancelled. Bob Nicholson, Florida

May 01 2009 at 12:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shirley

The only show I watch is NCIS. Take that off and I watch NOTHING!!!!

May 01 2009 at 12:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Annette

Agree w/Kim and Sylvia above. If I am unable to watch NCIS I record so I can watch later. The whole cast gel so well. Would not watch CBS if they cancelled NCIS. NCIS is one of the better shows CBS offers, they could cancel Survivor or replace it. Waste of time..

May 01 2009 at 11:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sylvia

I went and order CBS from my settle lite just because of NCIS and when I was waiting I watched it on my computer. Please I enjoy this show and hope it's not cancel and hope they keep the same actors for they are all great.

May 01 2009 at 11:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kim

I don't watch much TV at all, but I do enjoy NCIS. I like it just like it is and if change takes place and the current characters are omitted I will no longer watch it. The current cast makes the show! Why is it once you've got something good you think you need to change it up....just leave it alone!

May 01 2009 at 9:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jerry

i still hope the regular ncis is not canceled

April 15 2009 at 8:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply