September 16, 2014

Moonlight fans rejoice! Alex O'Loughlin will grace your screen in April!

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Feb 12th 2009 5:02PM
Alex O'LoughlinWhat a sad sad day it was when CBS announced last season that it was canceling vampire series Moonlight starring hottie Alex O'Loughlin. The series was getting better and better every week, had a devoted fan base and a oh-so-beautiful cast (thanks mainly to Aussy O'Loughlin).

Even if CBS decided to end the series, the network was not about to let go of the actor which is why they inked a one-year deal with him to star in one of their new projects.

Until said project happens, Alex O'Loughlin will guest star in one of CBS's most popular shows: Criminal Minds.

TV Guide reports that Alex O'Loughlin will guest star in an episode of the CBS series set to air in late April. The actor will play a serial killer in an episode that will be unlike any other since it will be told from the point of view of the bad guy of the week.

I've watched about three episodes of Criminal Minds since it premiered. However, I'll definitely tune in to watch O'Loughlin at work even if he plays the bad guy. You?

Oh, and a word to CBS: I know you guys are trying to cast the actor in a new series so how about making him part of that NCIS spin-off?

Colleen

I have just caught view of this somewhat brief but enchanting series once they viewed it on sci-fi as a re-run. and i have to say that Moonlight was the show i was searching for. I found moonlight to be a well established series that brought back classic nuances with a fresh, contemporary perspective. Having said that, moonlight didn't get the chance to be seen by its true fans who didn't even know it was on because of CBS. I am happy to learn that the cast of moonlight is finding work, but when it comes to making an art your own, moonlight was it for these small, but big time actors!

April 03 2009 at 4:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Christy

I don't watch Criminal Minds, but I will watch for Alex. He's a fantastic actor and I think his fandom will grow after this guest spot.

Praying he gets his own series though because I miss him on TV every week. Seeing the Moonlight reruns on Sci-Fi every Friday night is great, but "Mama needs fresh content." [/Maureen] ;)

February 13 2009 at 3:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jo

Criminal Minds isn't Moonlight but it's better than nothing. Hopefully, the guest shot will showcase his talent and bring him some new fans. He so deserves it. The whole cast of Moonlight was so charismatic and deserved better than they got, so hoping to see them back on tv soon.

February 13 2009 at 9:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lorie

Happy days are here again!! April can't come soon enough. Having the show be from his POV means more screen time. WOO HOO!!

February 13 2009 at 8:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cj

I love criminal minds...But i also liked Moonlight bring it back....please. don't they listen to the fans....bring it back...............

February 13 2009 at 4:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Giselle Zerine

I love you Alex O´Loughlin
Que bueno que se esten dando cuenta de lo que vale este bombon y de lo multifacetico que es. Aunque sea por un solo episodio pero va a ser un episodio unico porque saben que Alex es grande.
Y no quiero que este en NCIS noooooooo mejor que regrese con Moonlight
MOONLIGHT FOREVER vampire solidarity ra! ra! ra!

February 13 2009 at 3:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MichaelC2B

I am so happy to hear this news! This will be a wonderful part for Alex - not only does he always say that he loves to play the "baddie", but it will be from the POV of the killer. Excellent! Alex is able to show so much more about his characters than what the script shows, without even saying a word. I have never seen such a brilliant talent. It was such a mistake for CBS to cancel Moonlight (it is out on DVD now, on-line and in stores, and Sci-Fi is airing it on Fridays at 9 pm EST), and I would still love for it to be brought back. If that does not happen, and Alex does end up with a new show - I will be there, no matter what network. His movie WhiteOut is to open 9/11/09. If you haven't seen his other movies, buy the DVDs - the man can do no wrong on film! Alex O'Loughlin is the best in the industry, and he deserves only the best.

February 12 2009 at 9:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
justmick

I can't wait to see Alex back on TV. I really want to see him on the big screen or a weekly series of his own but right now a guest star role will do. This very talented actor will certainly do justice to this role and will be able to really show off his talent. You GO, Alex. We MISS you!

February 12 2009 at 9:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mizzoH

I enjoy Criminal Minds and Alex will be fabulous as the baddie. It will tide us fans over until he's back at last with his own weekly show. Welcome back, Alex!

February 12 2009 at 7:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
anitalavenia

I am excited that Alex is coming back to television, he will play a fabulous serial killer, is about time.
CBS Alex needs to give him his own show, he is brilliantly talented and so gorgeous and sexy, his place is on TV, every week!

February 12 2009 at 6:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply