November 23, 2014

Grey's Heigl and Knight are staying -- seriously?

by Debra McDuffee, posted Feb 13th 2009 3:02PM
Heigl and Oh of Grey's AnatomyAs a TV blogger, I've got to say this whole drama is exasperating. I'm a little tired of writing about Heigl, Knight and Shonda. I was even on the fence about choosing the "Reality-Free" category for this post, since the backstage hijinks of Grey's Anatomy could give any reality show a run for their money.

On Wednesday, I reported that James Pickens let slip that Heigl and Knight were leaving Grey's Anatomy. Yeah, that's not true, according to Shonda Rhimes. Rhimes says that rumors spread as fact and that Pickens' words were taken out of context. Heigl and Knight are not leaving Grey's Anatomy, and that's a fact, again, according to Rhimes. Do I smell a cover (your ass) up, Shonda?

The original rumor stated that it wasn't a done deal because they were trying to negotiate story arcs for the characters for next season. That's a pretty detailed fact to be "just a rumor," if you ask me.

It will be very interesting to see what actually does take place when all is said and done. I'm exhausted, and I'm really starting to wonder if I'll ever care as much about Izzie and George in proportion to the amount of will-they-won't-they that has gone on.

bugeye

As for george leaving, well, I dont really care. George is not my favourite character and after the Gizzie debacle, I cannot look at George as a decent guy again. The only regret is he is part of the FAB 5. Then again, we hardly see the FAB5 much these days so what does it matters.

February 16 2009 at 1:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bugeye

I love Katherine Heigl and her story as Izzie and Alex but I am tired too of hearing that she is leaving season after season. Frankly I dont blame her . Shonda gave her so many rediculous storylines. She is a very talented actress and she is just wasting her talent in Greys Anatomy. Much as i hate for not getting any pay-off with Alex after that dreadful dizzie , I will be relieved to see her leave because then I can stop watching this stupid show.

February 16 2009 at 1:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dorv

The silver lining became apparent when I watched last night episode. Heigl leaving would really kind of screw over the growth of Karev. His part in this arc has really matured him as a character.

February 13 2009 at 5:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Dorv's comment
bbrown

Yea that would be the biggest and in my opinion only downside to losing Izzie as a character. At this point nobody would even notice George is gone considering the amount of airtime he's had since he passed his test to become a resident anyways. I think I'm pretty much done with the show though. If I miss an episode I don't feel the need to watch it online ASAP if at all before watching the next one.

February 14 2009 at 12:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Laura

i'm done with them. i fastforward izzie scenes and george is hardly a part of the show anymore anyway.

D
O
N
E

February 13 2009 at 4:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Buddy

It's sad that the off screen saga has become infinitely more interesting than the Izzie and George characters are onscreen.

February 13 2009 at 3:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gill

So stop writing about it.

February 13 2009 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CDB

Ug. I'm just as tired of this whole charade as you are. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Something happened to the show halfway through the 2nd season. I don't know if they fired the writers or if Shonda Rhymes put herself on the wagon, but whatever it was it wasn't good.

A great show turned into trash television. The only reason I see it anymore is because I happen to be in the room while my wife watches it.

Even she snickers.